Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE Credit Line Question

tag
iNathanDrake
Valued Member

Amex BCE Credit Line Question

Hello all,

I'm back again with another question and hoping to be further educated Smiley Very Happy 

So I've actually seeked out help before and advice regarding my BCE Amex card. I'll keep this short and simple!

I got my card earlier this year, and upon the 90 days rule got my credit line increased back on June 21st or 22nd. I haven't requested anything since but I was wondering if now I am able to request another CLI? I spoke to a rep on live chat and she informed me that there's been no CL requests in my accounts history anytime recently. And she said if your last CLI was approved, you can apply again in 90 days which would have been back in september. I don't remember where I read that someone said I had to wait 180 days (6 months?)

My question is, as of right now on December 1st 2016, I have almost 6 months since June 21st. Can I request a CLI? And if I do, will this be a hard pull? 

Thank you to everyone who advises and helps me out! Smiley Very Happy 

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
iNathanDrake
Valued Member

Re: Amex BCE Credit Line Question

And also, I got my Discover Card back on October 21. How does the process for CLI's work with this one? If there is any preset process or advice that is. Thanks!

Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

All CLI requests are SP's for Amex. I've always heard that it's 6 months between successful requests....it's interesting the rep said differently. It won't hurt to try though! Let us know what happens Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iNathanDrake wrote:

And also, I got my Discover Card back on October 21. How does the process for CLI's work with this one? If there is any preset process or advice that is. Thanks!

Discover is also SP's unless they request your SS#.

Message 4 of 31
iNathanDrake
Valued Member

I actually did attempt it and was declined and received an email to call them. After chatting with the rep he confirmed that it is every 6 months upon approval. The rep on the live chat was incorrect. Good new is that this request doesn't count as the 6 month mark request so I am still elligible to request the increase on December 22 Smiley Very Happy!

I went to Discover to apply for an increase earlier (haven't done it) but it said that they may have to pull my information and if I consent to that so I just exited the page. Any experience with that? 

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iNathanDrake wrote:

I actually did attempt it and was declined and received an email to call them. After chatting with the rep he confirmed that it is every 6 months upon approval. The rep on the live chat was incorrect. Good new is that this request doesn't count as the 6 month mark request so I am still elligible to request the increase on December 22 Smiley Very Happy!

I went to Discover to apply for an increase earlier (haven't done it) but it said that they may have to pull my information and if I consent to that so I just exited the page. Any experience with that? 

Usually it is a SP with Discover as well, however they will inform you if it will be a HP prior to submitting your CLI request. Also, lots of individuals have been experiencing successful CLI with Discover by making a request every 31 days. Of course YMMV. Happy Hunting!

Message 6 of 31
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

The Discover response is standard.  They will either instant/2day approve you with a soft pull, or if a hard pull is required, they will ask permission before proceeding.  Good luck!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iNathanDrake wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-CLI-Bootcamp/td-p/4682997

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iNathanDrake wrote:

That would be a HP for Discover Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 31
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Discover has a standard disclaimer advising if they need to HP they will ask for consent before doing it.  I've pestered them for the past year to the point of weekly requests and it's not a HP.  There's a very slim .0001% that need a HP to move up with Discover and you'll definitely know if you're in that catagory.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.