Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE Deinal letter, help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCE Deinal letter, help?

OK, so I applied a week ago and got declined for BCE.  I've had Zync for about 3 months, but my credit scores improved so much by getting collections and util off/down.  I get my denial in the letter and they have my EXP Fico as 744...The reasons for denial were revolving balances too high(I have no balances on any of my cards), too many recent inquiries(4 in the past year), and not long enough time with current card.  I get the last one, but holy heck how did I get declined with a 744??

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex BCE Deinal letter, help?

got approved for zync with collections? 

wow. 

im assuming 500 limit? 

might have been old reports 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Did you attempt a recon?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did attempt a recon, but he said they would have to do a hard pull.  With a score of 744, they clearly have the most current information.

As far as Zync with collections, yes I got it with a collections from 2010 and CO from 2011.  500 limit

Message 4 of 10
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

It ain't about FICO's anymore.  Especially with amex their internal scoring is funky!! Maybe it's an old report though.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 5 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

First, FICO score is not the only thing that determines your approval. People are WAY too in love with their FICO score.

A $500 hard limit on Zync will make it very difficult to get any other AMEX card without closing it first.

Message 6 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Maybe your income isn't high enough? I got a BCE with a 696 TU Fico. Aaoa 3 yrs, util <12%, $30k deferred student loans, hhi $100k+
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Income is 80k...that shouldn't be an issue.  Stupid Amex

Message 8 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@trumpet-205 wrote:

First, FICO score is not the only thing that determines your approval. People are WAY too in love with their FICO score.

A $500 hard limit on Zync will make it very difficult to get any other AMEX card without closing it first.

Pretty much this; the HL Zync appears to be an issue with Amex underwriting at this time.

That said, unless you were backdated on the Zync in the first place, it's to your overwhelming advantage (given that it's October, payment history on even 3 months *shrug* compared to a year of official history on the BCE tradeline) to wait until January.  Also 3 months with any Amex charge is still in the honeymoon phase with them; I know we talk about six months or a year in some awfully spurious places on this forum, but this one is pretty sound: Amex wants to see how well you do with your current line for a while before you get offered anything better.  This is exceptionally true with the Zync I suspect in the first place regardless of PSL/NPSL status.

In any event we should know a lot more about Amex's plans for the Zync by January in terms of what they want to do with the current holders including ones with a PSL now that the card has been discontinued.  Wait and see is my recommendation.

        
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone...I'm actually going to call it quits with Amex....The Zync card I really only did to get the backdating and to get back in with them, and then I discovered the card is worthless to me.  Between my 15k LOC and the Freedom and BOFA 123 card I was just approved for(both Sigs), I think I have enough.  I just was hoping to get that 6% back on groceries....Oh well

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.