Did you mean: 

Amex BCE Question - Will It Grow?

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Amex BCE Question - Will It Grow?

@jbh wrote:

Ty, guys. Good to know.

Re: q from Gidgetmom. I started reading the 3x thread. I just meant to ask if Amex is known to provide *auto clis* over time or if it is a grumpy lender Smiley Wink

I will wait til 60+ days to request a CLI and see what happens. Just wasn't sure if it was one of those lenders that will reward good behavior without you initiating the request for a doggie treat and a head rub every 2 months Smiley Wink

Keep in mind the average member here is fairly aggressive in seeking credit. People who use much of their Amex revolving limit will generally ask for and receive a SP CLI before Amex gets around to granting one automatically.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 11 of 18
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Good luck, OP!

Most people have great experiences with CLI's from AMEX Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went from 1k to 3k at 3 weeks.  

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before I knew much of anything about credit and didn't know you could ask for increases, Amex gave me 2 auto cli on my BCE while carrying around 27% util(0% promo). They were around 6 months into the account and then 2 months later. It does happen.
Message 14 of 18
jbh
Established Contributor

Thank you for the replies. This is encouraging. So I will just give it some fair use, enjoy the 0% if I keep a small balance but will likely PIF and see what happens. I am just snickering at how the world of credit works. Card with 14+ %, have a 50 billion credit limit. 0% apr, buy peanuts with it. Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jbh wrote:

Thank you for the replies. This is encouraging. So I will just give it some fair use, enjoy the 0% if I keep a small balance but will likely PIF and see what happens. I am just snickering at how the world of credit works. Card with 14+ %, have a 50 billion credit limit. 0% apr, buy peanuts with it. Smiley Wink

Plenty of 0 percent cards with big limits.  Our USAA is 15 months 0 interest and started with 25k limit.  

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Amex BCE started out at 10k, did the 3X CLI, and was bumped up to 25,400. Didn't have much usage, only did the sign up bonus of spending 1,000 for 150 statement credit and decided to go for the 3X CLI when it was time and didn't quite get the full amount but still happy with it tho

Message 17 of 18
python0704
New Contributor

I have relocated CL from old Amex Costco to BCE, and 3X CLI, and various CLI over the years, I just got CLI from 35K to 39.2K two days ago. In my experience, it does grow over time. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.