Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE Question

tag
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Re: Amex BCE Question

@Anonymous wrote:

I was thinking about applying for the Sallie Mae card. Does anyone know where they pull from and is it just 5% on books from Amazon? If it's 5% on everything from Amazon that would be nice. Thanks again guys!

Barclays/SallieMae will pull TU.  From my experience with the SallieMae card, all my Amazon purchases have earned the 5%, and I haven't bought a single book.

Good luck if you decide to app! Smiley Happy

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Reincarnated wrote:

I recently asked an AMEX CSR via chat questions about the 3% cashback on U.S Grocery stores. To my surprise, when asking about whether or not Trader Joe's was eligible, they told me that it wasn't because it's not on their list of grocery stores.

Does anyone have any more insight on this? I highy doubt that what the CSR was saying was true. I wanted to know what you all think...

If AMEX BCE is picky about grocery stores, I'm leaving it to go back to Bank Americard because with them, I was getting 2% back on ALL grocery stores.

Thank you for the quick input and help! This place is wonderful and full of great info!

Message 12 of 14
vagrants
Regular Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was thinking about applying for the Sallie Mae card. Does anyone know where they pull from and is it just 5% on books from Amazon? If it's 5% on everything from Amazon that would be nice. Thanks again guys!

Barclays/SallieMae will pull TU.  From my experience with the SallieMae card, all my Amazon purchases have earned the 5%, and I haven't bought a single book.

Good luck if you decide to app! Smiley Happy

It depends on who you buy it from. If directly from Amazon, always 5%. 3rd party varies.

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 13 of 14
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

@PrimeRate wrote:

They're extremely picky. Both my Trader Joe's & Mrs. Green's purchases never got 3x. 

2% is cool with BOA, but I would highly recommend Sallie Mae from Barclaycard.

5% Gas & Groceries, 5% Amazon. No hoops. $250/Month limit Gas & Groceries. $750/Month limit Amazon.

Trader Joes, Whole Foods & Mrs. Greens now get me 5% along with Target and Walmart (where I go for home supplies).

Cash back posts the second the charge moves from 'Temporary Authorization' to 'This Months Charges'.

If you don't have excessive inquiries, I'd highly suggest applying - IMMEDIATELY!

They're amazing with recon's *snickers*.... Smiley Wink

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.