Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE Sockdrawered

tag
aamex
Frequent Contributor

Amex BCE Sockdrawered

I don't like this card as much as I did when I intially applied. The rewards are also not that good. And their tracking system seems inconsistent. So I made the decision to put it away. Smiley Frustrated. Goodbye BCE. Its not me, its you.

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE Sockdrawered

PC?

Message 2 of 25
CS800
Super Contributor

@aamex wrote:

I don't like this card as much as I did when I intially applied. The rewards are also not that good. And their tracking system seems inconsistent. So I made the decision to put it away. Smiley Frustrated. Goodbye BCE. Its not me, its you.

What was your expectation when you applied for it?

Message 3 of 25
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@aamex wrote:

The thing is I was driving a lot when I first applied.. Now, I've moved states and I don't even use my car. I buy groceries, but I'm a little annoyed that I can't follow their reward tracking thing online? Its not very transparent, in my opinion. My grocery budget is like 100$/month. So 36$ for the year isn't much in CB. I do shop at department stores a lot..but I find Discover gives me better rewards for that..so idk what to do with this card honestly???

What could I product change to? Outside of the blue cash family?..any revolver? I have a few months before I can do this anyway. Its a fairly new card. 

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would have to ask Amex what you can PC to. Its usually the Delta's and sometimes the hotel cards.

Message 5 of 25
dharalex
Established Contributor

So it's not Amex, it's you. You've changed your habits and it doesn't fit your lifestyle...and that's ok.

@aamex wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@aamex wrote:

The thing is I was driving a lot when I first applied.. Now, I've moved states and I don't even use my car. I buy groceries, but I'm a little annoyed that I can't follow their reward tracking thing online? Its not very transparent, in my opinion. My grocery budget is like 100$/month. So 36$ for the year isn't much in CB. I do shop at department stores a lot..but I find Discover gives me better rewards for that..so idk what to do with this card honestly???

What could I product change to? Outside of the blue cash family?..any revolver? I have a few months before I can do this anyway. Its a fairly new card. 

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 6 of 25
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@dharalex wrote:
So it's not Amex, it's you. You've changed your habits and it doesn't fit your lifestyle...and that's ok.

@aamex wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@aamex wrote:

ahahahahaha.  i knew someone was going to say that...you're right its not the blue cash, its me. Smiley LOL 

Message 7 of 25
morganirish
Regular Contributor

just my two cents- I have only had the bce since Dec.  and I don't like it much either.   One reason is the rewards.  Would like to see as I go.    I also got the Discover at the same time- and I really like it.  I can see the rewards build.   Maybe Amex will grow on me?  Or maybe I should say grow with me. 

Message 8 of 25
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@morganirish wrote:

just my two cents- I have only had the bce since Dec.  and I don't like it much either.   One reason is the rewards.  Would like to see as I go.    I also got the Discover at the same time- and I really like it.  I can see the rewards build.   Maybe Amex will grow on me?  Or maybe I should say grow with me. 

Thats exactly my reasoning too. I have discover too and its so much more transparent.

Message 9 of 25
dharalex
Established Contributor

I just looked at my BCP account, and you can track your points very easily. It even has a chart and breaks it down by category. Does BCE not do that? If not, consider a PC to the BCP. It has double the rewards...but it does have a small AF. You no longer have to spend $6500 to start earning rewards. Just a thought...

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.