Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE and Chase Freedom

tag
Jesster
Valued Member

Amex BCE and Chase Freedom

So I decided that after nearly a year of Amex Green (and 18 months of Cap1 Secured) that I'd attempt to get into something a bit nicer. I decided to app for the BCE card from Amex. I got the "under review" line and decided to try my luck with Chase. I apped for the Freedom card. Also got the 7-10 day message. Bummer. Next day, Amex emails with an approval! Stoked!! I called the app status number for chase, still pending. Next day, call again. Next day, same thing. This brings us to today. I decide to backdoor the folks at Chase and get a clear picture. The gentleman says "you know, I'd approve you, but there is a fraud alert on your EQ file and no number listed. Call and get it fixed, and call us back." Easy. Go through the motions (the FA should have expired months ago, BTW) and call Chase back. The woman that answers looks at my file and declines because of a 2006 medical c/o on EQ. So, I hang up, count to ten, and call again. Talk to another woman who sees that the FA is active. "I'll just look at another file." She pulls EX, which is spotless. Approved!

Persistence pays off.

And Goodbye Cap 1...

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. ~Douglas Adams

Cap1 Secured - $700 (chopping block)/ Amex Green / AmazonGEMB - $3200 / Amex BCE - $3200 / Chase Freedom - $3000 / Discover More $3500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex BCE and Chase Freedom

Oooo, congrats on the card. Smiley Happy   I'm glad you called back a few times.

Message 2 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !!!

Persistence pays. I would have done the same things you did Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

congrats i rebuilt to and got the slate and zync the past 2 weeks so in gardening and then maybe freedom.. but i am thinking should i app for BofA and see if i get them and then garden....so all inqs age and fall off at the same time

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Smiley Happy  I got approved for my BCE last week too!  BCE + Freedom + Forward.  My wallet is finally complete.

Message 5 of 6
Jesster
Valued Member

Forward is next, but I think I'll clear the field of INQ's first.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. ~Douglas Adams

Cap1 Secured - $700 (chopping block)/ Amex Green / AmazonGEMB - $3200 / Amex BCE - $3200 / Chase Freedom - $3000 / Discover More $3500
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.