Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE approval odds for a 677

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex BCE approval odds for a 677

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree with your post above that much of the same can be accomplished with a handful of cards with $1000-$2000 limits (for example) that several cards with 5-figure limits, with the only constraint being on high ticket item purchases. 

I do, however, feel you are in the minority here with accepting that type of lifestyle.  I don't think many people want to have to worry about having to use a bunch of cards, make a bunch of payments (possibly multiple payments per month per card) per card and have to worry about a maximum purchase amount with their CL being the constraint.  The majority I think would like to not have to worry about those things and simply have a limit that would more than cover all of the above.

I absolutely hated being stuck in low limit hell. I was making weekly payments to Capital One on BOTH of the cards I had at the time. 

Once I got a CLI from $500 to $2,000, I was able to breathe easier, and not have to worry about mutiple payments and killing utilization. Now with my largest major card at $6,500, I'm pleased to never go above 10% utilization. 

Message 11 of 14
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I was declined 6 months ago with a 731
Message 12 of 14
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

BCE start limits.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I absolutely hated being stuck in low limit hell. I was making weekly payments to Capital One on BOTH of the cards I had at the time. 

Once I got a CLI from $500 to $2,000, I was able to breathe easier, and not have to worry about mutiple payments and killing utilization. Now with my largest major card at $6,500, I'm pleased to never go above 10% utilization. 

I hear you, and feel a lot of people share your view on this.

Anyone that falls into this category that has a borderline score that's thinking of apping for any card should simply wait it out for 6 months in order to make this a non-issue.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.