Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE card 61 day 3x CLI Questions.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCE card 61 day 3x CLI Questions.

I opened my Amex BCE card back in july and I am approaching my 61 day for the 3x credit limit increase however here are my questions and concerns.
Amex has yet to post to any of the credit bureaus. I have 4 other accounts open around the same time as I opened the amex that are reporting. I have a pretty high utilization about 50% because I am in texas and the hurricane cause us some finacial set backs. If amex were reporting my utilzation would be less than 30% I had planned to pay all my cards in full but it will be another month or 2 before I am able due to hurricane expenses.

Overall when I applied for Amex my scores were in the 740-760 ranges. Now with the high utilizations and change to the average age of credit from 2 years to 6 months because of all the new account I have dropped about 100 points to the 640-650 ranges. Also note I have no derogetory items on my credit and no late payments.

So with such a large drop in scores should I hold off on the 3x cli request? Would there be any downside to not applying at 61 days? Am I more likely to be denied because of the utilizations and credit score drops?

3 REPLIES 3
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex BCE card 61 day 3x CLI Questions.

I would pay down the balance before requesting a CLI.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the setbacks, but glad you are safe!

What @MrDisco99 said. I had the credit card spree in July as well, with scores not nearly as good as yours. Waiting for my score to go up, too.
Message 3 of 4
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

Glad to hear you're safe.  I concur with what the other posters have stated...pay down your balances and wait for your score to bounce back some before requesting the increase.  

Good luck to you!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.