Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE cli question.

tag
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

Amex BCE cli question.

so about 4 days ago i requested a increase from 1000 to 1,500. i got  message saying we will send a written response with 7-10 days.   today i got the letter  which i thought would be a denied message. but i actually got a message saying they need my IRS 4506T form. is this common for such a little increase? and wat are my odds of approval?

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex BCE cli question.

Details on your history please
Message 2 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 27
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

im not a student, income 32,000

Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 4 of 27
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

Year and a half of credit history, no baddies ever. no late payments. about 45% util overall

Message 5 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

So first question is, do you want to play?  Some people don't, feeling that providing tax forms is too intrusive.   For such a small potential increase, I might decide not to in this case.  If you don't, your CLI request goes away, you just keep your current limit.

Have you had the card long?  Have you been spending a lot compared to your income?

Message 6 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Ok, I saw the College Card and assumed you were a student.

If you do not execute the firm, the CLI will probably be declined. I agree, that's a sm amount for income documents.

45% util is kinda high. Were the balances being carried?
Message 7 of 27
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

yes im 45% util on all my total credit, since i dontplan on apping anytime soon ive been using my credit lines.     and i was a student 2 years ago but not anymore.

Message 8 of 27
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

ive had it for about 3 months. i spend on it frequently

Message 9 of 27
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

Were you a student with a different income when you first got the BCE? That might be why they want docs.

ETA: Just saw your post. Then idk. There must be something else going on... 

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.