Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE declined

tag
Shinoga
Regular Contributor

Amex BCE declined

I just went on a spree to get some prime cards under my belt..I was approved for Chase Freedom, Discover It and graduated my BofA secured to unsecured..I applied for Amex BCE (I know it was dumb) and got declined after 2nd review....My question is if My GF adds me as an AU on her Amex green, Would that help me in the future? Also if she had lates in the past 2 years would that show up in my credit report?? Your opinions are appreciated.

MY FICO = 690 CK=660 GOAL = 750 and my own house!..Back in the garden

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

Re: Amex BCE declined

Your best point of entry is often discussed here, which is apply for their charge cards. Build history, and try again later on. If denied its only a soft pull and can reapply in 31 days roughly

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 2 of 10
Shinoga
Regular Contributor

I'm just worried I wont get approved because I just applied for 2 new lines of credit...so you're saying if I reapplied for a charge card within 30 days it will only be a softpull?

Message 3 of 10
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I think it's only a sp if you have an amex and then get declined on another card but someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 4 of 10
Shinoga
Regular Contributor

I see, I'm not sure if I can get the green at this point

Message 5 of 10
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

I believe you are right snow kitty. If you currently have an Amex card and apply for another it usually is a soft pull. However if you don't have any Amex cards I believe it's a hard pull. But I have seen people reporting that if you apply within 30 days your same hard pull would be used for the new application.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 6 of 10
Shinoga
Regular Contributor

Should I call it in then for a Green since they had already declined me for a Amex BCE if they can use the same credit report?

Message 7 of 10
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Shinoga wrote:

Should I call it in then for a Green since they had already declined me for a Amex BCE if they can use the same credit report?

It doesnt hurt to call and ask. I would.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 8 of 10
Shinoga
Regular Contributor

called in and their reps from india said they cant review the same file for another product which is the amex green..it is "impossible" ...lol

Message 9 of 10
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Shinoga wrote:

called in and their reps from india said they cant review the same file for another product which is the amex green..it is "impossible" ...lol

Try again, but at one of the backdoor numbers.  Worst they can say is "no" and you might be surprised!   Always worth a recon on a decline.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.