Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE only reports to TU+EQ not EX?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCE only reports to TU+EQ not EX?

My Amex account has been on my TU and EQ reports for 3 cycles now, but not yet on EX.  My FICO score from Amex has not updated since June (when I got the card), which could be a related issue.  In speaking with Amex chat, they had me call their Credit Bureau Unit.  After 30 seconds or so on the phone with a guy I could barely understand, I was told that he would send a request and it should show up on Experian in 45-60 days.

Just curious if this has happened to anyone else?  What is the reason why this would happen?  Why should it take 45-60 days to get it rectified?  Thanks for any insight for those that may have experienced this in the past, especially with Amex.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex BCE only reports to TU+EQ not EX?

AMEX is slow to report sometimes at first unlike Synch that reports before you even get the card in hand.  Initially mine took ~45 days to report to any of them which is about when the 2nd statement cut.  I wouldn't worry about it though since it will report and you'll get a score bump with the added history included.  

On the flip side though I have a card through jfcu.org that they don't report to TU because they don't have a relationship with them for reporting purposes.  So, it's a hidden trade line when it comes to TU which could be a benefit to some.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That does seem odd. Both my Amex cards reported to all 3 right after the second statement and alerts all came in within days of each other. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call them.  I called Discover and asked them if they would report early so I could get the bump in my score and they had no problem hooking me up.  I haven't received my Amex card yet so I haven't tried them to see if they would be willing to do the same but I plan on it.  Chase wouldn't do it for me though..

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did call them, I stated that in my original post.  They said I should see it in the next 2 months.

I just find it strange that TU and EQ would show the Amex account 3-5 cycles before EX.  I guess I'm just not understanding why this is the case.

Message 5 of 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Remember when people were complaining about Macy's not reporting for several months last year?  It's a little bigger than an individual account not reporting like yours but, it should get resolved if there's something tagged on the backend that's preventing it from being updated.  It is a bit odd that 2/3 of them show up with exception of EX considering EX is the one that they use to consider CLI's with and provide the free monthly on.  Sometimes stuff like this happens in the tech world where one bit of information is malformed and sometimes doesn't spit back an error that they can follow up with.  Considering they're working on a manual push to the CRA whatever the issue is should eb resolved going forward.  It could also be on the EX side where the problem resides if threre's a glitch with your file on their DB.  Odd things happen in the cloud Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I'm hoping whatever this glitch is can be resolved.  My EX score has gone up a good bit since getting approved back in June, so it would be nice to know that Amex has my updated (better) information in front of them for things like future CLIs etc.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today is my 62nd day of having my Amex card and I was going to do try the 3x CLI, but they are not reporting on any of my reports, so I'm holding off. I asked them how long it would take to see them show up on my reprot when I first got the card, and they said within a few days on the 2nd billing cycle, so I'm assuming it will show up any day now...and than I will try the 3X CLI. 

Good luck, and I hope yours shows up soon. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.