Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE pre-approve popup

tag
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Amex BCE pre-approve popup

I just logged into my Amex account and got a pre-approved popup for the Amex BCE card.   I currently have Amex ED and costco TE.  I've never heard of amex having a popup for a card. I guess they are pushing the BCE  to replace the costco.  I know everyone situation is different,  but do you think I should get the BCE card?  The last two months I've received mailers for it as well with a APR of 12.99.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Re: Amex BCE pre-approve popup

@ways2go wrote:

I just logged into my Amex account and got a pre-approved popup for the Amex BCE card.   I currently have Amex ED and costco TE.  I've never heard of amex having a popup for a card. I guess they are pushing the BCE  to replace the costco.  I know everyone situation is different,  but do you think I should get the BCE card?  The last two months I've received mailers for it as well with a APR of 12.99.

What's the sign-up bonus they're offering you?

I have the TE and I've been getting a pop-up offer as well and the sign-up bonus is $200, although if you view the Amex site in incognito mode, there's a BCE with a $250 bonus for $1000 of spend within the first 3 months. 

Message 2 of 5
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

@ways2go wrote:

What's the sign-up bonus they're offering you?

I have the TE and I've been getting a pop-up offer as well and the sign-up bonus is $200, although if you view the Amex site in incognito mode, there's a BCE with a $250 bonus for $1000 of spend within the first 3 months. 

The bonus I was offered is $500 with a $3000 spend in the first three months.  I'd rather have the $250 with a spend of $1000 in the first three months.  That is more doable for me.

Message 3 of 5
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

I have the pop-up and received a pre approval email for the BCE. Although my offer is only $100 on a $1000 spend. 

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@ways2go wrote:

I know everyone situation is different,  but do you think I should get the BCE card?

If you know the former then inform us of your situation so we can provide meaningful feedback.  Selecting a card is always a matter of finding cards that suit the individual -- not just the card itself or one's card lineup.  Don't just consider cards because of an offer.  We need to know your needs, wants, priorities, etc.  Some things to consider include: Looking at your spend.  Running the numbers.  Do the ED (you don't mention which one you have) and the BCE overlap?  Is the BCE a better fit for rewards on your spend?  Make sure you're considering total cost versus benefit and not just AF.  Maybe only some or none of these apply to you and maybe you have other considerations.  We need to be aware of them in order to make a recommendation.

@ways2go wrote:

I guess they are pushing the BCE  to replace the costco. 

They've been offering it but it's not a TE replacement.  What's going to happen to the portfolio is still up in the air IIRC.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.