Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE question...

tag
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Amex BCE question...

I am an AU on my wife's Amex Green.  Its about a two year old account and I have been AU since its inception.

Will this help if I choose to apply for the BCE (I don't think I can pull off BCP just yet)?  I do not have my own Amex green (and dont particularly want one)

I love the rewards on BCE and totally would recoop its AF at the grocery store easily.

I travel a lot (ummm pilot) so those rewards would be nice to have.

Right now my scores are sub 700 but thats seriously about to change.  Just waiting for cards I just paid off to report over the next three weeks and its off we go. 

Thoughts?

EDIT:  I know the score simulators are usually good for fiction and thats about it, but by my estimate, after everything reports I should be seeing 720's across the boards.

Thanks Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex BCE question...

IMO I think the AU status will help you be approved. 

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 11
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

I am an AU on my wife's Amex Green.  Its about a two year old account and I have been AU since its inception.

Will this help if I choose to apply for the BCE (I don't think I can pull off BCP just yet)?  I do not have my own Amex green (and dont particularly want one)

I love the rewards on BCE and totally would recoop its AF at the grocery store easily.

Right now my scores are sub 700 but thats seriously about to change.  Just waiting for cards I just paid off to report over the next three weeks and its off we go. 

Thoughts?

Thanks Smiley Happy

The BCE has no AF. I think that you would be approved and that the AU would help.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 3 of 11
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Huh?  I thought the BCE had a 75 AF.  Cool that it doesn't Smiley Happy

Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 4 of 11
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

BCP has an AF, but the BCE has none.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 5 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

Is BCP harder to get than BCE? Or they have the same underwriting requirements? I'm always very confused about that.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 11
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Thanks all for the responses.

I believe BCP is a harder card to obtain than BCE but perhaps some of the more senior folks here can correct me if I am indeed mistaken.

I am happy it had no annual fee.  That makes things easier for me.  I was figuring I spend about 400 a month on groceries so recooping a 75 dollar af would not be an issue.  

BCE is one of my top three cards to app for in the very near future. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

i am as confused as u are too. hopefully someone can clarify it for us! ^^

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 11
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

The AU status should help with geting approved. From what I've read, I think the BCE and BCP have the same criteria for approval.

The BCE/BCP doesn't have any travel rewards (the Blue Sky does though, as do the Amex charge products through MR).

Depending on your scores right now, you might be good to go already, but once you have your paid off cards reporting, you should be good to go. 

Thoughts?

EDIT:  I know the score simulators are usually good for fiction and thats about it, but by my estimate, after everything reports I should be seeing 720's across the boards.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Thanks Scientifics.

Do you know if amex has a card or if someone else has a card that does both % back on groceries and travel on any airline?

Or let me rephrase it a little better:

What is the best card for % and travel but is not a preferred ala BCP or Chase Sapphire Preferred?  I think my file is just too thin for CSP at this point.

Thanks again.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.