Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE question

tag
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Amex BCE question

I know that Walmart isn't considered a grocery store (unless I'm getting cards mixed up). But is their pharmacy considered a drugstore? Probably not but thought I'd ask.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE question

No.

drugstore would be like CVS or Walgreens.
Message 2 of 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Might look into switching hubby's scripts over, if they are comparable or cheaper.
Message 3 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@rmduhon wrote:
I know that Walmart isn't considered a grocery store (unless I'm getting cards mixed up). But is their pharmacy considered a drugstore? Probably not but thought I'd ask.

BCE doesn't provide any extra benefits on drugstores anyway  (Just the OBC)

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've always found drug stores to be a bogus category.  I mean, outside of someone that spend a ton on scripts, how much can one really spend at a drug store?

Message 5 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've always found drug stores to be a bogus category.  I mean, outside of someone that spend a ton on scripts, how much can one really spend at a drug store?

Drug stores such as CVS as extremely popular with manufactured spending.  In the good old days of Vanilla Reloads and Bluebird, lots of people were spending $5K per day there.  .  Which presumably isn't the goal of the credit card companies when they made drug stores 5%,  but still.....

Message 6 of 8
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Booze, cigarettes and toilet paper can really add up! Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker Thanks for the correction. A poster on a another post said drugstore instead of department store. Now I'm stuck on drugstore. Lol
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.