Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE reward points posting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCE reward points posting?

Hello-
My very first statement from Amex cut several days ago and still says 0 reward points. Well when I read the T&C page all it said was they would be given when statement cut. Just wondering if there is a delay in points posting to my dashboard? Also, they do not appear on monthly statement either.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Amex BCE reward points posting?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello-
My very first statement from Amex cut several days ago and still says 0 reward points. Well when I read the T&C page all it said was they would be given when statement cut. Just wondering if there is a delay in points posting to my dashboard? Also, they do not appear on monthly statement either.

All of the BC(X) series have a one month delay.   So points earned by spending in the statement period ending in March will appear on the statement ending in April.   This (plus the $25 increment requirement) is one of the more annoying features of the card, making it harder to match up the rewards with the spend.

Look at the first statement, it should have some language indicating you will start seeing rewards next month.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll see them post next month Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello-

The rewards take a month to post, so the April statement will reflect points earned on the March statement.  It's a major reason I don't like the Blue Cash program (also, rewards are only redeemable in $25 increments) and the main reason why I'm not using my BCE for my grocery spend.

(Oops...looks like I pretty much restated what LTL already said above!)

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 5
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Yea, I can't stand that they're one month behind on the rewards. Love Chase and Discover for posting quickly and that their redemption amounts are flexible.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.