Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE vs Consumer CU visa signature cash rebate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE vs Consumer CU visa signature cash rebate

Nfcu cash rewards does not have minimum or incremental requirement. I transfer cash back almost every night to my nfcu checking , even 10 or less cents. Its instantaneous. And to transfer outside nfcu ,its just 5$ minimum. 

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nfcu does not have minimum requirement. I transfer cash back almost every night to my nfcu checking . Its instantaneous. And to transfer outside nfcu ,its just 5 minimum. 

They do have a 50 dollar minimum for cash back for the Go Rewards card.  Go Rewards is more comparable to the card the OP is mentioning as it gives 3 percent on dinning and 2 percent on gas where the cash rewards card is a 1.5 percent card. My 1.5 percent cards seem to redeem immediately.  

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok. I have NFCU cash rewards so i dont have to wait for the minimum to build up. I was infact surprised how fast their redemption is and thought they spoiled me , now i expect everyone else to match their redemption speed for the cash rewards .haha BTW doesnt gorewards give points. Not percentage. ? Iam the Op btw. Both BCE and Consumers visa sig cash rebate earn c4ash back percentage. So is NFCU cash rewards. Are points for go rewards earn equal to cash back percentage ? I havnt really looked into it so i dont know what is the point worth. Btw having to wait for 50$ worth of points to build up seems like more wait time than having cash back redeemed as each purchase posts. I have had to wait a lot and hav patience with ebay extras card to get to 50$ = 6000 points and finally i cashed it and sock drawered the card. I assume go rewards must be way better than that

Ok i just checked , with go rewards its 1 point equals 1cent. Thats pretty cool!  And yet i dont like the whole incremental limitation. If 50$ incremental redemption is true then if you have 60$ you can only redeem 50$ and see the rest after you spend 4000$ more etc.  I understand there are many who just enjoy the card and minimum or incremental doesnt bother them , they will use it and get their well earned rewards no problem. I understand that. I  have both marvel and aarp for 3% dining so i really dont need this card but its a pretty good card for sure.

Message 13 of 21
digitek
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

[...]my grocery spending is being diverted to my USBank Altitude card to meet the initial spend. Almost all of my grocery spend is at stores that take Android pay, so that's counting for 3x points (worth 3% cashback or potentially 4.5% toward travel)

This is a good idea.  My DW has a BCP which is 6% grocery up to $6k with $95 fee, so at exactly $6k spend you really only get back 4.41%.  We spend about $800 a month on groceries, around $9600 annually.  So we are really only getting about 3% or so cash back from the card on grocery spend.

If my grocery store takes mobile payments (and I suspect they do), this would probably be the best card for Cash Back at a grocery store if you can travel at least once a year to get the $325 credit.  You'd have a card that gives 4.5% cash back if redeemed for travel, with a $75 AF and no cap.  Already that sound better than the BCP.

(edit) Math a little jacked there, to compare equally it is BCP 6% CB on first $6k then 1% after with $95 AF, USBank Altitude is 4.5% CB no cap $75 AF.  On my $9600 annual grocery spend the end result would be:  BCP $396 in rewards - $95 AF = $301, USBank Altitude $432 in rewards - $75 AF = $357.

I'll have to think about this one, but Grocery is by far our largest expense besides the mortgage, hell it's almost $10k a year in just one single category.  This switch would be worth about $100 just for groceries, not considering all the other stuff that takes mobile payments now and the potential for 4.5% cash back on all those purchases...

Message 14 of 21
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

So I was filing out the application and they ask for your SS# so they can "obtain credit history for processing your application." For those that are already a member is this a HP or SP? 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 15 of 21
Caleb87
New Contributor

Whoa. Wait... You can earn 3 percent interest on savings with them????? How the world does that work
Message 16 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Caleb87 wrote:
Whoa. Wait... You can earn 3 percent interest on savings with them????? How the world does that work

You can earn 4.59% interest on checking with them!   Rewards Checking is fairly common, CCU stands out as having a high APR (good in this context!) and paying that on balances up to $20K.   Other places are more like 2.5% on up to $10K

The idea is that you do a lot of debit transactions and spend $1000 a month on the credit card, and they make some money.   I just do Amazon reloads to meet the debit requirement, which doesn't make me ideal, but so far they don't seem to care.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe its a hp for the membership and for me it was TU

@LadyJEsq wrote:

So I was filing out the application and they ask for your SS# so they can "obtain credit history for processing your application." For those that are already a member is this a HP or SP? 

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Caleb87 wrote:

You can earn 4.59% interest on checking with them!   Rewards Checking is fairly common, CCU stands out as having a high APR (good in this context!) and paying that on balances up to $20K.   Other places are more like 2.5% on up to $10K

The idea is that you do a lot of debit transactions and spend $1000 a month on the credit card, and they make some money.   I just do Amazon reloads to meet the debit requirement, which doesn't make me ideal, but so far they don't seem to care.

Yeah its their rewards checking account. Sorry if i was not very clear in my original post. I meant  the money earning interest as savings but the account itself is a rewards checking account that can earn 3.09% - 4.59% . 

I also use amazon reloads to meet the debit transactions and have not had a problem. 

Message 19 of 21
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe its a hp for the membership and for me it was TU

@LadyJEsq wrote:

Thanks DeepKc! I have 3 inquires that are going to fall off by Sept 8, so I think I'll hold off until after that. I have 3 new TU inquires and know some CU can be easily spooked by too many inquires. This is assuming that the CR stays on file for a short period and would allow me to app for one or more of their products without an additional pull. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.