Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE

tag
eviLution
Established Contributor

Re: Amex BCE

@CotySinz wrote:

Whats your credit profile look like? Accounts - Age - AoAA - Util?

I don't think it matters honestly.. I apped and was instant approved for Green Charge apped like 3 days later for BCE and was instant approved again.. Now I have a Green Charge that will get SD as I have no use for it as the rewards are mediocre and I have better cards to run big money through. So I feel like I wasted an inq and added a TL that's useless as I will close it before the AF hits. Shoulda just apped for BCE - if you app for BCE and get denied wait your 30 days and reapp for a charge.

2 accounts: Capital One Secured $600CL 6 months history beginning of January, DCU Visa Platinum $1500CL 1 month history beginning of January. Thin file with no baddies and I always pay down balance to 5% utilization before statement cuts then I pay the rest off when I get my statement. No Fico Scores yet

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 11 of 21
Involus
Regular Contributor

I see.. well when you pull your first scores that's when I would be able to better advise you. I don't know how 'prime' DCU is considered but they gave you a $1,500 limit with that history so your off to a good start - as well as keeping util down and not being late on payments. I've seen people get Amex charge card approvals as their first card so the BCE could be in your sights. Maybe a bit more history and letting DCU age a bit before you apply (like 6 mos or so).

Message 12 of 21
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@Fenerbahce wrote:

Yeah just got mine today but the APR wasn't the lowest I've had, not even close lol...19.99% what? And they based this on a 779 EXP FICO score? (which by the way I know because of the letter they sent regarding the hard inquiry) My PenFed is 9.99%...I will not be carrying a balance on this after the APR promo expires. The looks of the card though is another ball game...my wife was like "oooh I want one", so I added her as an AU and hers should arrive soon. I have always wanted this card and it feels good to finally get it with a decent credit limit.

I haven't received my card yet but I asked the Agent what my FICO was and they (two calls) put me on hold and then came back saying they would not disclose it.  I thought it was shady but then this was posted on my approval thread:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Preparing-for-BCE-App-UPDATED/m-p/1747652#M486339.  This confuses me even more because my FICO is nowhere near yours and if the post is true then it stands to reason they saw something unhealthy in your CR and the FICO is what saved the approval.  AMEX is so predictably unpredictable.

Message 13 of 21
Involus
Regular Contributor

After I just read your post I am in awe that you were approved..

For those that are curious, my most recent TU FICO (quarterly monitoring from here) was 677, no past due accounts, 20 yr credit history, 5 of 15 accounts with negative remarks (all over 3 years ago) and 3 CO's (all over 3 years ago).  I must admit, I was surprised to be approved.  Currently I have a Cap1 CL 750 and a Barclay Rewards CL 1900.

Regardless though congrats on your approval. Amex is so predictably unpredictable as you already have stated.

Message 14 of 21
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@CotySinz wrote:

After I just read your post I am in awe that you were approved..

Right?  I think it was the 12/12/12 app dateSmiley Very Happy.  Goes to show if you have an HP to burn why not try.

Message 15 of 21
Involus
Regular Contributor

Could have been haha. Never know unless you pull that trigger.

Message 16 of 21
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@CotySinz wrote:

Could have been haha. Never know unless you pull that trigger.

Definitely amazing -- I would have never put my money on you. Glad it worked out, but we should clarify to other readers that this is a _very_ rare occurrence. I waited 3 years after I got my first credit report before trying Amex.

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 17 of 21
Involus
Regular Contributor

The one who was approved with that was Jake619 not myself. I have a clean file. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 21
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@CotySinz wrote:

The one who was approved with that was Jake619 not myself. I have a clean file. Smiley Happy

Sorry, didn't intend to thread-jack.  

Message 19 of 21
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Fenerbahce wrote:

Yeah just got mine today but the APR wasn't the lowest I've had, not even close lol...19.99% what? And they based this on a 779 EXP FICO score? (which by the way I know because of the letter they sent regarding the hard inquiry) My PenFed is 9.99%...I will not be carrying a balance on this after the APR promo expires. The looks of the card though is another ball game...my wife was like "oooh I want one", so I added her as an AU and hers should arrive soon. I have always wanted this card and it feels good to finally get it with a decent credit limit.

As you have the PenFed Platinum Rewards, what does the BCE give you?  Department Stores?  I can understand the BCP for the extra 3% on groceries, but PenFed gives you 5% on gas vs 2% and the same 3% on groceries, but BCE is capped and PenFed isn't.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.