Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE

tag
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Amex BCE

Read on SD Amex is changing policy on BCE effective 1/15 groceries will be 6% cashback instead of 3%? Is this true? and if so will BCP members have AF waived and grandfathered in for the rest of the benefits?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
RockySC
Established Member

Re: Amex BCE

I saw this first mentioned on SlickDeals. There is no way that this is true.

Message 2 of 18
Rackham94
Established Contributor

That is where I saw it too.

Message 3 of 18
Luscher
Valued Contributor

link? I hope it is true but i doubt it, then what would happen to BCP? They would lose all the annual fees they get from BCP, everybody would pc to BCE.....
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 4 of 18
RockySC
Established Member

This is the thread...

http://slickdeals.net/f/6622624-amex-blue-cash-everyday-card-double-cashback-6-on-groceries-ymmv?

Like I said, no way it's true. It is essentially that one guy who started the thread, that's it.

Message 5 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Luscher wrote:
link? I hope it is true but i doubt it, then what would happen to BCP? They would lose all the annual fees they get from BCP, everybody would pc to BCE.....

Well, in theory they could also adjust the BCP, say upping the cap to $12K (so the benefit is still twice the BCE, even if people don't use it all) or up the % a little.  But my guess is that is just isn't true, some Amex CSRs said they knew nothing about it.

Also not clear what the driver would be.  It's not as if there are new cards offering a similar sort of deal to the BCE that would make them need to improve. 

It's VERY rare that a card gets better, especially a dramatic improvement like this!

Message 6 of 18
Luscher
Valued Contributor

CSR's never know anything lol^^^^
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 7 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Luscher wrote:
CSR's never know anything lol^^^^

Well, the OP (in the SD thread, not here) claims to have got the info from a CSR, so...!

OTOH, I knew there was no way to get the old Blue Cash, and I was wrong, so just maybe.   Nah.

Message 8 of 18
mum4519
Contributor

How cool would this be. 

- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Wells Fargo Rewards $9,200
Chase Southwest VISA $5,200
Message 9 of 18
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:

Read on SD Amex is changing policy on BCE effective 1/15 groceries will be 6% cashback instead of 3%? Is this true? and if so will BCP members have AF waived and grandfathered in for the rest of the benefits?

Yeah...there still doesn't seem to be conclusive evidence that this is happening. Some say when they called that it was true, others say the opposite. Still waiting for an actual AmEx announcement. A huge change like this should have already been in the public realm. I'm still hoping...lol.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.