Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP AF Credit

tag
LilNYC
New Contributor

Amex BCP AF Credit

Anyone else get a credit for the $75 acct fee on their BCP yesterday? Just logged into my acct & saw that they issued a $75 acct fee credit to my account. Didn't receive an email about it or anything. Just wondering if it's an error on Amex's part. Only other thing I can think of is that they issued the credit as a courtesy b/c my $25 small biz sat credit wasn't issued automatically & I had to call in to request it. The CSR I spoke with apologized & said she was going to send a msg to the marketing team & the interactive team. Amex is usually stingy with things like this so I would be surprised if that's why they ussued the $75 credit. Any ideas?
Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex BCP AF Credit

After reading your post I logged into my BCP account and found the same thing...No idea of how or why. Perhaps a Christmas gift! Smiley Very Happy

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 2 of 33
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Just checked my accounts and nothing for me.  They must have seen the $1000s I made in Sync deals and figured I have gotten enough free Amex cash lol.  BTW congrats you two.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 3 of 33
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

I got a $75 credit too! I didn't even pay the full $75 in 2012 since I PCed from BCE to BCP.

I was curious and I went to look at the BCP site, and it says there is no longer an annual fee!

http://www304.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/BlueCash-Preferred

Message 4 of 33
YahComb
Established Contributor

hmm i see "$75 per year" on that page. there on the terms link too. wonder whats going on

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 5 of 33
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

hmm i see "$75 per year" on that page. there on the terms link too. wonder whats going on

Maybe try clearing your cache? Or maybe they just updated their website and it hasn't propigated to all their servers yet.

Message 6 of 33
Exonumist
Established Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

Just checked my accounts and nothing for me.  They must have seen the $1000s I made in Sync deals and figured I have gotten enough free Amex cash lol.  BTW congrats you two.

Lol... I love sync.

Message 7 of 33
flowfaster
Established Contributor

When I look at that sight I see $75 annual fee as well.  Still no credit for me : (.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 8 of 33
kekrre
Contributor

@scientifics wrote:

@YahComb wrote:

Maybe try clearing your cache? Or maybe they just updated their website and it hasn't propigated to all their servers yet.

Can you get a screenshot of this?

It seems odd that Amex would do this, unless they were trying to axe the 6% on groceries and restructure the card. This would seem like a reasonable move on Amex's part, maybe they could offer a cash back card for more "preferred" spending, like dining/entertainment (which with travel, I think, is what most "normal" people think of when they think "Amex"). Obviously, without restructuring, they would be offering a 6% and 3% card at the same price.

When people started seeing the Discover It website, not everyone everywhere was able to see it at once, so it'd be good if you could get an image to confirm what you're seeing.

|||||||
Message 9 of 33
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

I can also confirm that I received a 75 dollar credit on ny account.  Something is amiss.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.