Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP AF Credit

tag
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Re: Amex BCP AF Credit

@LilNYC wrote:
Anyone else get a credit for the $75 acct fee on their BCP yesterday? Just logged into my acct & saw that they issued a $75 acct fee credit to my account. Didn't receive an email about it or anything. Just wondering if it's an error on Amex's part. Only other thing I can think of is that they issued the credit as a courtesy b/c my $25 small biz sat credit wasn't issued automatically & I had to call in to request it. The CSR I spoke with apologized & said she was going to send a msg to the marketing team & the interactive team. Amex is usually stingy with things like this so I would be surprised if that's why they ussued the $75 credit. Any ideas?

When I called about the credit, they stated they issued it because I called and raised hell a few times about new customers getting the annual fee waived for the first year. I don't think that is accurate though.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 11 of 33
LilNYC
New Contributor

Ok, I'm gonna send a tweet to@askamex about this. Will update once if hear back
Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 12 of 33
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@kekrre wrote:

@scientifics wrote:

@YahComb wrote:

hmm i see "$75 per year" on that page. there on the terms link too. wonder whats going on

Maybe try clearing your cache? Or maybe they just updated their website and it hasn't propigated to all their servers yet.

Can you get a screenshot of this?

It seems odd that Amex would do this, unless they were trying to axe the 6% on groceries and restructure the card. This would seem like a reasonable move on Amex's part, maybe they could offer a cash back card for more "preferred" spending, like dining/entertainment (which with travel, I think, is what most "normal" people think of when they think "Amex"). Obviously, without restructuring, they would be offering a 6% and 3% card at the same price.

When people started seeing the Discover It website, not everyone everywhere was able to see it at once, so it'd be good if you could get an image to confirm what you're seeing.

Only reference I see is:  There is no annual fee for Additional Blue Cash PreferredSM Cards.

which is what I expect.  No fee refund for me either.

Message 13 of 33
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@kekrre wrote:

@scientifics wrote:

@YahComb wrote:

hmm i see "$75 per year" on that page. there on the terms link too. wonder whats going on

Maybe try clearing your cache? Or maybe they just updated their website and it hasn't propigated to all their servers yet.

Can you get a screenshot of this?

It seems odd that Amex would do this, unless they were trying to axe the 6% on groceries and restructure the card. This would seem like a reasonable move on Amex's part, maybe they could offer a cash back card for more "preferred" spending, like dining/entertainment (which with travel, I think, is what most "normal" people think of when they think "Amex"). Obviously, without restructuring, they would be offering a 6% and 3% card at the same price.

When people started seeing the Discover It website, not everyone everywhere was able to see it at once, so it'd be good if you could get an image to confirm what you're seeing.

Only reference I see is:  There is no annual fee for Additional Blue Cash PreferredSM Cards.

They are talking about authorized user cards.  It's been like that ever since I have had my card.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 14 of 33
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

I got mine credited back today as well.

I am going to call tomorrow and ask what is going on with the rebate.

Message 15 of 33
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

They are talking about authorized user cards.  It's been like that ever since I have had my card.

Yes, that's why I said it was what I expected.

Message 16 of 33
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

If you opened the card between 8/12-9/25/12 they sent out the wrong letter and are crediting those back. Is that when you guys applied?
Message 17 of 33
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

i PC from the blue rewards during that time...... could be the cause.

Message 18 of 33
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

I applied in August as well.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 19 of 33
HiLine
Blogger

@pdog661 wrote:

I got mine credited back today as well.

I am going to call tomorrow and ask what is going on with the rebate.

Please don't. Calling their attention may very well result in the credit being rescinded.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.