cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP CB for gas station store purchases?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCP CB for gas station store purchases?

Does the Amex BCP cash back include 3% for gas station in store purchases or is it just for gas?

Quote for rewards page:

You may recieve additional rewards if the gas station is also a convenience store.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/rewards-info/retail.html

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex BCP CB for gas station store purchases?

It depends on how the gas station charges the in store purchases.  For example, a gas station with a seperate service for food would probably not be charged as the gas station.  Quicktrip and Racetrack are big where I live and a food purhcase and gas purchase both look the same.

Message 2 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

It all depends on the merchant coding.  Terminals at the pump and terminals in the store can differ.  You can check prior discussions to see if anyone has experience with the retailer(s) you're considering.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm ok so I went on the bank account and when I clicked on a "Shell" purchase from yesterday it opened a pop up that shows a broader view of the transaction but above "Merchant Category" it says Not Available. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.