Valued Contributor
bs6054

Re: Amex BCP - Groceries - Trader Joe's

tdoger wrote:

I have a new BCE and am waiting to see how it treats the WalMart and Target i frequent for points.  My Barclays treats both as grocery, so double points.  If both are grocery for Amex, I would think of PC to the BCP.  If not, I will continue to use the Barclays at those stores.  Gas is double on both BCE and Barclays, but Barclays doubles "utilities" (cable tv, cell phone, water).  

It specifically excludes superstores and warehouse clubs.  I doubt if all WalMarts are superstores, but I guess all you can do is buy a small amount at your local store and see what it gets classified as.    The BCE grocery cap means your max benefit is 180, and on that spend Barclays would give you $120 (and if you spend more, Barclays keeps going) so it's not a life-changing amount of money!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}