cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP - How much have you gotten back?

tag
Tim_S
Regular Contributor

Amex BCP - How much have you gotten back?

I've had the Amex BCP for almost one year (11 months) and I've earned $470 in rewards dollars so far, plus the $150 cash back offer I got when I met the spending requirements in the first 3 months for a total of $620 with a month to go before I reach a full year!  Yes, there is a $75 annual fee, (now being raised to $95), but I still think the cash back, (statement credit, whatever you want to call it) more than offsets the annual fee.  How has everyone else done with your Amex BCP rewards dollars? Do you think it's worth it? Are you happy with your ROI?  Would anyone recommend a different everyday card for better returns?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCP - How much have you gotten back?

I'm just over $600 over a 12 month period, but I signed up last year when they were offering the 10% on cellular which I maxed out. Without the 10% category, the benefit for this card greatly diminishes since I don't buy a lot of groceries (we're DINK's that like to eat out). At the $75 AF it is definitely still worth it for me (gift cards and shoprunner), but I may need to evaluate next year when I assume they will charge me the $95 AF.

Regarding other cards for everyday use, it really depends on your spending habbits. For my spending, nothing beats the Chase trifecta: CSR, Freedom and FU. I averaged nearly a 10% return in 2016 with my full portfolio (including signup bonuses). 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.