Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP PC to Costco?

tag
drew11
Regular Contributor

Amex BCP PC to Costco?

I searched the forums and couldn't find anyone who specifically spoke about PCing their Amex BCP to Amex Costco TrueEarnings. Does anyone know if this is possible after having the Amex BCP for over a year?

01/04/17 Equifax FICO 788
01/04/17 Experian FICO 789
01/04/17 TransUnion FICO 784

Amex BCP $24,000 | Chase Freedom: $13,000 | Chase SR: $35,000 | Discover IT: $20,000 | PenFed Platinum: $32,000
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex BCP PC to Costco?

the structure rewards is not much different from each other so I don't known why one should aim to pc Smiley Sad well I might be wrong
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 12
chnceit
Valued Contributor

You cannot PC from a BCP to Costco TU.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 12
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:
the structure rewards is not much different from each other so I don't known why one should aim to pc Smiley Sad well I might be wrong

Well, they share gas at 3% (no cap on BCP, $4,500 on Cosco) but most other things are different (6% groceries, 3% Dept Stores on BCP vs 2% travel and restauarants on Cosco) so if the OP doesn't need cash back on groceries but does on travel and dining, makes sense to try to pc.

Message 4 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

A lot of lenders won't let you PC  to/from cobranded/store cards to other cards. I assume the same applies to the TE card, no firsthand experience though. You could always call and ask. 

Message 5 of 12
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

A lot of lenders won't let you PC  to/from cobranded/store cards to other cards. I assume the same applies to the TE card, no firsthand experience though. You could always call and ask. 

x2 on this. 

but i think what the op is doing is waiving the af for the bcp to the te which is paid if your a costco member. 

i would call amex and ask them though. 

worst they could do is say no. 

for me the bcp is better for me since there is no costco gas stations around me besides in ct and their gas is the highest taxed in the country. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 6 of 12
drew11
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the responses everyone! Both me and my wife were planning on applying for the Amex BCP next month and were thinking of having her PC the BCP to PC to the Costco card when the annual fee comes up (since we also shop a lot at Costco). Seeing as a PC is highly unlikely, perhaps we should rethink applying for 2 BCPs. Is the underwriting for the Costco harder/same/easier than the BCP? Is is better to apply online and then create a Costco membership or apply in-store for both a membership/card? Thanks for all of your help!

Amex BCP $24,000 | Chase Freedom: $13,000 | Chase SR: $35,000 | Discover IT: $20,000 | PenFed Platinum: $32,000
Message 7 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@drew11 wrote:
Thanks for the responses everyone! Both me and my wife were planning on applying for the Amex BCP next month and were thinking of having her PC the BCP to PC to the Costco card when the annual fee comes up (since we also shop a lot at Costco). Seeing as a PC is highly unlikely, perhaps we should rethink applying for 2 BCPs. Is the underwriting for the Costco harder/same/easier than the BCP? Is is better to apply online and then create a Costco membership or apply in-store for both a membership/card? Thanks for all of your help!

I don't have the card but I'm fairly certain you must already be a costco member to apply for the costco TE card. 

Message 8 of 12
drew11
Regular Contributor

Yeah I just searched around to confirm and it looks like you're right!

Message 9 of 12
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@drew11 wrote:

It's better to app in store because you'll get an instant answer (usually). If you app online, you'll have to wait for them to verify your Costco mship. You could PC BCP to BCE without the AF (Assuming youre okay with the difference in rewards). And your new Costco card will be backdated so your AAoA won't take a hit.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.