Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP PC to Costco?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex BCP PC to Costco?

You can not PC any card to Costco or PC a Costco to anything... (Sigh, wish we could!)

You should always apply in store when it comes to Costco Amex because it is instant if you qualify vs. if done online, it can take 1-2+ weeks to send over to Costco to confirm membership and then go back to Amex to confirm approval and send out.

I can't really see ANY reason to want a Costco over the BCP!!

My partner has the Costco (I told him to get as best... THEN came the release of the BCP... Have not lived it down yet that I wanted him to get the Costco so bad and now I say it SUCKS! The rewards are stupid if you ask me besides gas and what card these days doesn't give you bonus on gas (don't answer that! it's a ton) but really 3% on gas seems to be top reward option on so many cards...

The one bonus is we load all cards into mint and each week, month, what not we can pull up categories... I turn off the savings offers because I feel better choices are out there by coming here to look... I just want to see the $ figure of the categories to plan out best cards.... and try to find an offer that doesn't go away 30 days later after they realize it was a little rich to offer (USBANK CASH+) type thing!

Message 11 of 12
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex BCP PC to Costco?

@Creditaddict wrote:

You can not PC any card to Costco or PC a Costco to anything... (Sigh, wish we could!)

You should always apply in store when it comes to Costco Amex because it is instant if you qualify vs. if done online, it can take 1-2+ weeks to send over to Costco to confirm membership and then go back to Amex to confirm approval and send out.

I can't really see ANY reason to want a Costco over the BCP!!

My partner has the Costco (I told him to get as best... THEN came the release of the BCP... Have not lived it down yet that I wanted him to get the Costco so bad and now I say it SUCKS! The rewards are stupid if you ask me besides gas and what card these days doesn't give you bonus on gas (don't answer that! it's a ton) but really 3% on gas seems to be top reward option on so many cards...

The one bonus is we load all cards into mint and each week, month, what not we can pull up categories... I turn off the savings offers because I feel better choices are out there by coming here to look... I just want to see the $ figure of the categories to plan out best cards.... and try to find an offer that doesn't go away 30 days later after they realize it was a little rich to offer (USBANK CASH+) type thing!

By Cash +, you mean the fact that it's not longer possible to apply online?  I haven't seen anything yet about them actually reducing rewards, like they did with BCP.

To me, it's worse when then downgrade the benefits on the card, because you have already taken the HP/AAoA hit by getting it, and then it becomes less valuable.  

Of course, finding out you can no longer apply for a good cards also hurts, but the actual loss is less!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.