Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP denied :(

tag
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Amex BCP denied :(

Well, we gave it our best shot in the window we thought we had. DH went for the BCP tonight after we confirmed that his statement reported a zero on his personal LOC. He even got a SW alert today - EQ score at 709. Denied online. Called the recon number and the CSR told him the reasons - income not verified (makes no sense), utilization (at 21%), recently opened accounts (opened Freedom last month) and mentioned the baddie from 2007. The CSR told DH that his EX score was 728/738 (couldn't understand him, had a thick accent). I really thought he had a good chance but guess I was way off. He does have one card at 52% so that probably didn't help. His inqs's are - TU 1, EX 2, EQ 4. May call the EO on monday but not sure if it's worth it. Back to the drawing board!

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex BCP denied :(

@parakleet wrote:

Well, we gave it our best shot in the window we thought we had. DH went for the BCP tonight after we confirmed that his statement reported a zero on his personal LOC. He even got a SW alert today - EQ score at 709. Denied online. Called the recon number and the CSR told him the reasons - income not verified (makes no sense), utilization (at 21%), recently opened accounts (opened Freedom last month) and mentioned the baddie from 2007. The CSR told DH that his EX score was 728/738 (couldn't understand him, had a thick accent). I really thought he had a good chance but guess I was way off. He does have one card at 52% so that probably didn't help. His inqs's are - TU 1, EX 2, EQ 4. May call the EO on monday but not sure if it's worth it. Back to the drawing board!

Was this the first reason given?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 18
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@myjourney

Yep. That was the first one. Makes no sense since he gave the number on his last tax return.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Message 3 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@parakleet wrote:
@myjourney

Yep. That was the first one. Makes no sense since he gave the number on his last tax return.

If I remember right and correct me if I'm wrong..Self employed?

Recon based on the first reason of denial 

most likely they will want tax form and only if your comfortable with that...

Will also most likely result in another HP

The only thing that worries me is the card with 52% UTL i think it was....Smiley Surprised

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

I would recommend you wait for the letter and then decide whether to recon.

The 1st reason can be explained and proven easily.

The utilization and recently opened accounts will be a problem though. I was denied back in March mostly because of a brand new auto loan account being reported.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Sorry about that! Amex recons are tough. I'd wait for the letter and then decide.
Message 6 of 18
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

If the recon doesn't work you could always get a charge card first then apply at a later time.

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 7 of 18
JonStur
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Sorry about that! Amex recons are tough. I'd wait for the letter and then decide.

+1.. Usually Amex sticks with their initial denials..but nothing ventured nothing gained....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 8 of 18
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Thanks guys. Yeah, it was kind of a let down. Oh well. I think we'll just wait until we get the letter. Just gets me more motivated to get our debt down! Thank goodness it's at 0% apr for a while. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Message 9 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

Thanks guys. Yeah, it was kind of a let down. Oh well. I think we'll just wait until we get the letter. Just gets me more motivated to get our debt down! Thank goodness it's at 0% apr for a while. 

You know we have your back Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.