Valued Contributor
parakleet

Amex BCP denied :(

Well, we gave it our best shot in the window we thought we had. DH went for the BCP tonight after we confirmed that his statement reported a zero on his personal LOC. He even got a SW alert today - EQ score at 709. Denied online. Called the recon number and the CSR told him the reasons - income not verified (makes no sense), utilization (at 21%), recently opened accounts (opened Freedom last month) and mentioned the baddie from 2007. The CSR told DH that his EX score was 728/738 (couldn't understand him, had a thick accent). I really thought he had a good chance but guess I was way off. He does have one card at 52% so that probably didn't help. His inqs's are - TU 1, EX 2, EQ 4. May call the EO on monday but not sure if it's worth it. Back to the drawing board!

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Amex BCP denied :(

parakleet wrote:

Well, we gave it our best shot in the window we thought we had. DH went for the BCP tonight after we confirmed that his statement reported a zero on his personal LOC. He even got a SW alert today - EQ score at 709. Denied online. Called the recon number and the CSR told him the reasons - income not verified (makes no sense), utilization (at 21%), recently opened accounts (opened Freedom last month) and mentioned the baddie from 2007. The CSR told DH that his EX score was 728/738 (couldn't understand him, had a thick accent). I really thought he had a good chance but guess I was way off. He does have one card at 52% so that probably didn't help. His inqs's are - TU 1, EX 2, EQ 4. May call the EO on monday but not sure if it's worth it. Back to the drawing board!

Was this the first reason given?

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Valued Contributor
parakleet

@myjourney

Yep. That was the first one. Makes no sense since he gave the number on his last tax return.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

parakleet wrote:
@myjourney

Yep. That was the first one. Makes no sense since he gave the number on his last tax return.

If I remember right and correct me if I'm wrong..Self employed?

Recon based on the first reason of denial 

most likely they will want tax form and only if your comfortable with that...

Will also most likely result in another HP

The only thing that worries me is the card with 52% UTL i think it was....:smileysurprised:

Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Super Contributor
enharu

parakleet wrote:

I would recommend you wait for the letter and then decide whether to recon.

The 1st reason can be explained and proven easily.

The utilization and recently opened accounts will be a problem though. I was denied back in March mostly because of a brand new auto loan account being reported.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
09Lexie

Sorry about that! Amex recons are tough. I'd wait for the letter and then decide.
Frequent Contributor
dabrian

If the recon doesn't work you could always get a charge card first then apply at a later time.

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-4.5k/ Discover IT-11k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Established Contributor
JonStur

09Lexie wrote:
Sorry about that! Amex recons are tough. I'd wait for the letter and then decide.

+1.. Usually Amex sticks with their initial denials..but nothing ventured nothing gained....

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
Valued Contributor
parakleet

Thanks guys. Yeah, it was kind of a let down. Oh well. I think we'll just wait until we get the letter. Just gets me more motivated to get our debt down! Thank goodness it's at 0% apr for a while. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

parakleet wrote:

Thanks guys. Yeah, it was kind of a let down. Oh well. I think we'll just wait until we get the letter. Just gets me more motivated to get our debt down! Thank goodness it's at 0% apr for a while. 

You know we have your back :smileywink:

Last 5 apps 6/6/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}