Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP question (travel)

tag
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Amex BCP question (travel)

Do you get any special rewards by booking travel through Amex on a BCP? I am about to book a flight from Korea to the US and I am trying to figure out the best card to use to do it. I was thinking of using Amex but if there is no special bonuses I may need to use another card. I just want to maximize the benefit since it's an expensive airline purchase. Thanks in advance!
Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Re: Amex BCP question (travel)

The Amex BCP, does not offer TRAVEL benefits, unless u use "Blue Savings Program" which gives discounts/credits on car rental & upgrades @ Atlantis in Bahamas!(except the COVE Atlantis, which i stayed @ for me B-day), looking @ your signature u do not have any cards in your portfolio which offer travel benefits!

Message 2 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Discover vacation desk offers 5% cash back when booked with your discover card.

Hubby and I earned over 200 dollars back on our recent cruise

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 9
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@L-TWT wrote:

@Anonymous Amex BCP, does not offer TRAVEL benefits, unless u use "Blue Savings Program" which gives discounts/credits on car rental & upgrades @ Atlantis in Bahamas!(except the COVE Atlantis, which i stayed @ for me B-day), looking @ your signature u do not have any cards in your portfolio which offer travel benefits!

I am not referring to travel points/benefits. I don't travel enough to use a card with travel points. I mean like extra cash back. Like if I book through the ultimaterewardsmall using my freedom you get double cash back (2%). Same deal with citi with the thank you points (just not sure how that one works).
Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Message 4 of 9
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Ahh I don't have a Discover webhopper! At least not yet:-( I am not ready to app again just yet. I just wanted to see what the better option was out of what I have to get the most cash back.

Message 5 of 9
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@tonyaether wrote:

@L-TWT wrote:

@Anonymous Amex BCP, does not offer TRAVEL benefits, unless u use "Blue Savings Program" which gives discounts/credits on car rental & upgrades @ Atlantis in Bahamas!(except the COVE Atlantis, which i stayed @ for me B-day), looking @ your signature u do not have any cards in your portfolio which offer travel benefits!

I am not referring to travel points/benefits. I don't travel enough to use a card with travel points. I mean like extra cash back. Like if I book through the ultimaterewardsmall using my freedom you get double cash back (2%). Same deal with citi with the thank you points (just not sure how that one works).

I C, your best bet would to run your travel expenses through the Chase Ultimate Rewards Mall for the 2%, my next question would be, is your Chase Freedom CC a Visa or Mastercard, b/c if you have the Mastercard version, you can use "Mastercard PriceAssure" to monitor your expected flight for any reductions in price, and receive an airline credit!

Message 6 of 9
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Wow, really?!!!! I have the visa version, darn it!!!! is that for any MasterCard or just Chase? I may have to keep that in mind for the future.

Message 7 of 9
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@tonyaether wrote:
Wow, really?!!!! I have the visa version, darn it!!!! is that for any MasterCard or just Chase? I may have to keep that in mind for the future.

Any Mastercard, not just for Chase......i accumulate enough credits each year for free travel!Smiley Very Happy

There is more information about this feature on the Mastercard website!

Message 8 of 9
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Great info there! Thanks so much! I only travel about 4 times a year so not thinking I would benefit from any travel rewards card. This ticket is for my DH coming home on leave. I appreciate the information you provided!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.