Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP "Annual" Spend Limits

tag
dabearsv2
Contributor

Amex BCP "Annual" Spend Limits

Is the Annual BCP cash limit based on 12 months from when CC was issued or is it based on a calendar basis (Jan-Dec).

I have only used up half of my $6,000 limit for Grocery stores, and am wondering if I should go pick up some gift cards before the new year Smiley Happy

Current Scores: TU 760, EX 718, EQ 726
Goal: 750 across the board!
My Wallet: CSP 23.8k, AMEX SPG 15k, AMEX BCP 12.9k, Barclay AAviator Red 10k, USBank Club Carlson 10k, BankAmericard Cash Rewards 10k, Citi Plat AA WEMC 7.9k, Chase Freedom 5k, Barclay AAviator Red v2 5k, Chase Hyatt 5k, Amex PRG
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MT936
Established Contributor

Re: Amex BCP "Annual" Spend Limits

Buying gift cards to reach spending thresholds or bonuses could turn out bad I wouldn't touch gift cards with certain lenders including amex
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabearsv2 wrote:

Is the Annual BCP cash limit based on 12 months from when CC was issued or is it based on a calendar basis (Jan-Dec).

I have only used up half of my $6,000 limit for Grocery stores, and am wondering if I should go pick up some gift cards before the new year Smiley Happy

It will depend on where you shop to get the gift cards.  Sometimes, Amex is able to get indepth data from particular transactions / stores.  Knowing exacly what was bought. 

Message 3 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@dabearsv2 wrote:

From the T&Cs:

An annual reward year is 12 billing periods in a row beginning with the one that includes January 1st;

So stuff you get now is going to be on the statement that starts the next year unless your close date is today.

Message 4 of 7
dabearsv2
Contributor

Thanks for the quick replies... guess I will just forget about that idea for this year. I'll have to make sure the DW spends more on groceries next year Smiley Happy

Current Scores: TU 760, EX 718, EQ 726
Goal: 750 across the board!
My Wallet: CSP 23.8k, AMEX SPG 15k, AMEX BCP 12.9k, Barclay AAviator Red 10k, USBank Club Carlson 10k, BankAmericard Cash Rewards 10k, Citi Plat AA WEMC 7.9k, Chase Freedom 5k, Barclay AAviator Red v2 5k, Chase Hyatt 5k, Amex PRG
Message 5 of 7
red259
Super Contributor

I doubt your going to have a problem if you buy a GC with amex at the store. Of course if you go out and buy 3k worth in one shot in a bonus category that would be something I wouldn't do. If you want to go out and get a $500 card it would seem kinda silly for amex to crack the whip on that. I normally limit my amex gift card purchases to $500-1k a month. Of course, I'm not buying things in the bonus category. Others do much more but I'm not sure how many of them are doing so in the bonus category.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 6 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

OT, but now a similar quesion about the Nasa card!   They don't seem to have a nice definition equivalent of "award year" and just talk about annual.

I've just written to them, but wonder if anyone knows.

I just did a $3K purchase, that willl post in early Jan, and want to know if I get my existing 2% on all of that, or has the year started again, giving me only 1% on the first $1000.     Hate these tiered earnings!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.