Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP upgrade approved

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: AMEX BCED upgrade offer

@Outdoorstech1 wrote:

now, it didn't make my BCED into the Preferred BCED. 

Others have explained why, but another terminology nitpick!   The cards are the Blue Cash Everyday (usually BCE) and Blue Cash Preferred (BCP)  There is no such thing as Preferred Blue Cash Everyday.

On the other hand there IS the Everyday and the Everyday Preferred (both Membership Reward cards) so if Amex can't choose consistent naming conventions why should you!

Message 31 of 39
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

Message 32 of 39
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

@Ysettle4 wrote:

@Outdoorstech1 wrote:

If you see the screenshots I posted in the first post, it said "Upgrade"  I dunno.. I had clicked "learn more" and it brought me to the second screenshot where I hit "apply now" entered in the code on my current BCED card and it brought me to a screen where I filled out my info income etc. 

That's where you might have messed up. You mya have advertently applied for a new product as to upgrading.

No, I had to enter in the code on my current BCE card to upgrade it. It even said it on that screen, then the next screen was income info etc. 

Message 33 of 39
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

The AMEX upgrade e-mails lead to a special page usually where you go into an upgrade process that asks for the last 4 digits of your card and last 4 of your SSN to proceed.  If you click on anything else on the page it tends to take you to a new tab/window that gives you the APPLY page for a new account.  In this case though I think apping for a new BCP actually worked in the OP favor due to the 16K+ CL that got awarded in the process.  Once some time passes they shoud be able to move the CL from one card to another to combine things.

I did enter 4 dgit code on my current BCE card.  I assumed that was to link it to the new card I was applying for.  In anycase I called AMEX and the confirmed it was a new account I opened, but could not confrm if it was a hard or soft pull.  

Checked my credit they did a hard pull. I am beyond frious right now.  Shold I complain to AMEX and make them remove the hard pull / card and complete the actual upgrade?   UGH 

Message 34 of 39
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

So, I see where the confusion is as some of the "upgrade offers" look the same but, are not quite the same.  I've had to take some double takes as well with some of them hitting my inbox or showing up at the bottom of the account page under AMEX Offers and Benefits.  Your original post looks like the one down at the bottom of the page and is a different offer than the actual upgrade one.

Pros: you now have a combined limit of $21.5K between the 2 cards, you qualified for a new payout of 0%/bonus after spend, and you'll buffer your utilization with the additional CL

Cons: new account, new inquiry, more credit to spend with, more cash back with the higher %'s on the new card

Here's the offer I got in e-mail vs the one on the site itself when logged in:

BCP_Upgrade.jpg

When I click through it to the page to respond it takes me here:

BCP_clickthru.jpg

Message 35 of 39
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@Outdoorstech1 wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

The AMEX upgrade e-mails lead to a special page usually where you go into an upgrade process that asks for the last 4 digits of your card and last 4 of your SSN to proceed.  If you click on anything else on the page it tends to take you to a new tab/window that gives you the APPLY page for a new account.  In this case though I think apping for a new BCP actually worked in the OP favor due to the 16K+ CL that got awarded in the process.  Once some time passes they shoud be able to move the CL from one card to another to combine things.

I did enter 4 dgit code on my current BCE card.  I assumed that was to link it to the new card I was applying for.  In anycase I called AMEX and the confirmed it was a new account I opened, but could not confrm if it was a hard or soft pull.  

Checked my credit they did a hard pull. I am beyond frious right now.  Shold I complain to AMEX and make them remove the hard pull / card and complete the actual upgrade?   UGH 

Unfortunately, that's going to result in a HP. I would seriously challenge that with AMEX considering you were simply upgrading an existing product (aka PC)

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 36 of 39
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Ysettle -

There's a difference between the e-mail upgrade offer and the apply offer you find when logged into your account at the bottom of the page.  

Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCP upgrade approved

Awesome! Congrats

Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

So, I see where the confusion is as some of the "upgrade offers" look the same but, are not quite the same.  I've had to take some double takes as well with some of them hitting my inbox or showing up at the bottom of the account page under AMEX Offers and Benefits.  Your original post looks like the one down at the bottom of the page and is a different offer than the actual upgrade one.

Pros: you now have a combined limit of $21.5K between the 2 cards, you qualified for a new payout of 0%/bonus after spend, and you'll buffer your utilization with the additional CL

Cons: new account, new inquiry, more credit to spend with, more cash back with the higher %'s on the new card

Here's the offer I got in e-mail vs the one on the site itself when logged in:

BCP_Upgrade.jpg

When I click through it to the page to respond it takes me here:

BCP_clickthru.jpg

I have this offer. I was gonna post about this, but instead bringing it back if thats ok for a moment. Did we figure out what happen why there was a hard pull/new account for that one guy? Says 'account number will not change' should be all set nice and easy right? Do I need to get on chat to re-confirm with Amex I would be pissed if a hard pull and/or new acct

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.