Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP vs. Premier Rewards Gold

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCP vs. Premier Rewards Gold

Greetings.  As some of you know, I joined his forum recently after reading in the background for months.  I currently have the Amex BCP.  My question concerns the Express rewards program this card offers vs. Membership rewards the gold offers.

We are currently spend between 400-500 month and gas & another 400-500 month on groceries.  These are averages in the 7 months we have had the BCP.  Other monthly charges are in the 1,500 area.

By question is would the Gold Premier at 2x gas & groceries, 1x for everything else give us more rewards?  Does the Gold Premier offer cash back?  Would there more more benefits in the rewards program offered by the Gold Premier vs. what I am currently using?  I think we would be close to the 30k yearly for the extra point bonus the gold premier offers.  We wouldnt be traveling long much long distance during the next year or so.

I'm very happy with the BCP, just looking to see for possible additional options.

Great forum, thanks for anyt rewards advice Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex BCP vs. Premier Rewards Gold

Gold Premier offers crappy cashback if that is what you want. I believe it is 2 MR points for 1 cent.

Only if you travel a lot, otherwise there is really no point in getting Gold Premier.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, pretty much interested in best cash back for gas/groceries. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes definitely BCP then. MR points are good for transferring 1:1 to FF programs to redeem for premium/international air travel. Like Trumpet said they have a horrible redemption rate for cash back, worth 0.5% a piece.

Message 4 of 7
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes definitely BCP then. MR points are good for transferring 1:1 to FF programs to redeem for premium/international air travel. Like Trumpet said they have a horrible redemption rate for cash back, worth 0.5% a piece.

Right, if cash such as statement credits is what your preferred rewards, stay away from the MR program.  You have Amex's best cashback card.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to use your rewards for travel, particularly international travel, then you should consider the PR Gold card.  MR points only beat cashback when transferring to frequent flier programs, which tend to give the best value on international flights.  Cashback is probably the better choice if you want to use your rewards towards anything else.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks folks for opinions.  Looks like I have the best card for my personal needs Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.