Did you mean: 

Amex BK friendly at all??

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex BK friendly at all??

txjohn wrote:

AMEX has no tolerance for major derogs.

generally they appear not to...  my only negs are fairly old lates on an SL as late as 90 days about 5-6 years old depending on which cbr (IIRC anything 90 days or more is considered a mjr derog) and was approved for two amexes in '07, things have changed since then but depending on the type and the age of the derog and other factors perhaps MMV.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 11 of 13
newstart2010
Blogger

I just had a convo with Amex about my past accounts, checking to see if they will re-age me if I open an account with them.  The woman said that major black marks will not go over well.  They do not like bankruptcies, or open judgements, and they do not like anything bad in the last 2 years. 

US Bank states on their website when you apply that they do not approve if you have a bankruptcy.  

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

AMEX has no tolerance for major derogs.

generally they appear not to...  my only negs are fairly old lates on an SL as late as 90 days about 5-6 years old depending on which cbr (IIRC anything 90 days or more is considered a mjr derog) and was approved for two amexes in '07, things have changed since then but depending on the type and the age of the derog and other factors perhaps MMV.

While a 90 is bad, I was really referring to the majors of:  BK, Judgements/Liens, CO's & CA's.  A CA is worse than late because it went late and then finally to outside collections, often meaning the account may have been charged off.

Lates tend to be less issue the older they get.  In your case, they are getting close to dropping at 6 years.  If the report is clean since then, they will be less influencing.  If you had more recent lates, then the older lates in combination would have more issue showing a "trend" over time of paying late.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.