Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BLUE and Discover More Declined.... :(

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex BLUE and Discover More Declined.... :(

@Abester000 wrote:
so creditwherecreditisdue what do you recommend i do? can i show u all my CBRs from all 3 agencys for assitance? any help will be great.

Post the negative reasons from each of your FICO reports first, as HTSU suggests. Also include age of oldest account and AAoA. Post the info for each CRB. You will get lots of help. Also let us know if there is any other negative information on either of the reports. Something is holding down those scores,

Message 11 of 36
Percy
Regular Contributor

This is Transunion.... Will Post Equifax and Experian in a bit

Message 12 of 36
Percy
Regular Contributor

Equifax......  Experian i will post later.

Message 13 of 36
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

It's all a lot clearer now.

1) The simplest thing for you to do it pay your UTIL down. It is too high. Bringing it down will be immediately reflected in your scores.

2) Offer PDF on the CA. If not accepted pay it and start GW'ing monthly until they relent.

3) You have a settled CO with 13 90-day lates. Start GW'ing this monthly until they give in.

4) You have many baddies:

13 90-day lates

A settled CO

An unresolved CA

5) You also have:

A lower length of history (5 years)

A low AAoA (2 years)

Many INQ's

You should probably not app further for credit you do not need. Pay down your balances. GW/PFD like mad until successful. You really need a bunch of this stuff to go awayDon't app Amex again - they are not likely to approve you. (What Amex card is on your CBR now?) Discover not likely either.

What exactly is it you are looking forwhy and why now?

Message 14 of 36
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, actually, "good" util is listed first in his positives. Smiley Happy Not that the positives list is as useful as the negatives, but it just shows that in his score bucket plus the sheer number of lates, 25% is considered good.

So definitely, get your util reduced. I just don't know how much of a bounce you'll get from it.

I'm hoping I'm wrong, though! Please post back with your scores if you can get it down to 9% or less. I'd be curious to see the effect!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 36
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

With the "stuff" I have (dirty bucket - 2 TL's with major derogs) I did get a nice score bounce by bringing down my UTIL. In my case I started at a lower score 650'ish and higher UTIL (52%), length of history 8 years and AAoA's 7 years.. I brought UTIL down by both paying down balances and adding new accounts. The dollar amount of my balances is a little lower now, but my UTIL is 8%. Adding the new accounts has dropped my AAoA to 4. I flirt on EQ/EX with 720. The derog lates are gone from TU and there I flirt with 760.

OP - you need to raise your scores some and lose a bunch of the derogs. Do something about the CA (PFD/GW) and otherwise start hammering the GW letters monthly. Don't worry about being obnoxious - just do it! I don't know what else to tell you.

Message 16 of 36
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, good to know.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 36
Percy
Regular Contributor

That B OF A is settled for some reason its saying there is a current balance..
Message 18 of 36
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Abester000 wrote:
That B OF A is settled for some reason its saying there is a current balance..

Then you need to get them to report it correctly -OR- better yetoffer them PFD for the remaining balance and make it disappear!

Message 19 of 36
Percy
Regular Contributor

what would you do? if you were me? i just spoke to the CA and they told me that they were just hired to collect debt.... im talking to bofa now, what should i tell them?
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.