Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BLUE and Discover More Declined.... :(

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex BLUE and Discover More Declined.... :(

@Abester000 wrote:
what would you do? if you were me? i just spoke to the CA and they told me that they were just hired to collect debt.... im talking to bofa now, what should i tell them?

You need to stop talking and start writing. This is seige warfare and there is no guarntee it will yield results. You are asking for a favor to which you have no entitlement. However, if you do not ask and ask repeatedly you will never obtain results. The options are PFD/GW or wait for age off. That's it.
Message 21 of 36
Percy
Regular Contributor

So... BOFA has proof that is has been paid in full.... and i told them that its still showing a current balance... they said i needed to contact the collection agency... i told them that the collection agency doesnt report anything to the credit bureau, and that they told me to contact bank of america for information regarding your credit report.. and now she is faxing me over the document with proof that i paid in full... but who do i contact to take care of the credit reporting information? if the CA doesnt report and neither does BOFA what do i do in this matter?
Message 22 of 36
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

If you have proof that the TL is misreported file a written dispute with the reporting CRB. If you get lucky it might just disappear forever. Then get going on the PFD/GW letters. Resolved baddies are nice, but they still effect your scores! Best to hammer away until someone caves in.
Message 23 of 36
Percy
Regular Contributor

PFD letters? why would i need to do that? i already settled Capital one and BOFA.....
Message 24 of 36
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

A settled TL is still a majot derog that will report until the fall off date. You have a lot of reporting derogs, your app's will either be denied or MR'ed - the settlements will not look good on MR. If you want them to be gone you have a stronger position offering PFD than asking for GW. It's really up to you though.
Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 09-17-2009 07:30 PM
Message 25 of 36
Percy
Regular Contributor

since bofa was already settled and paid.... would i only need to do it with capital one?
Message 26 of 36
Percy
Regular Contributor

so i recieved my BOFA letter through fax.... who do i email it to, to remove it off my CR?  and what do i email them with the letter?
Message 27 of 36
DI
Super Contributor

Those are two very prime cards and are reserved for .longtime pristine card holders if its wasn't a student card you applied for.  I had to get recon for a AMEX.  Their scoring model denied me while having perfect credit. 
Message 28 of 36
Percy
Regular Contributor

i dont get it...
Message 29 of 36
DI
Super Contributor

@Abester000 wrote:
i dont get it...

To qualify or greater your chances  in obtaining said prime cards, you don't want any derogs on your credit reports.  

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.