Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Backdating Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Backdating Question

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this one...

I have read numerous stories about being added as an AU to an Amex then getting your own personal card and having them honor the primary account holder of the one you are an AU on...BUT...what if I have an Amex member date of since 2004, and I get added as an AU to 1994...am I able to backdate my existing card?  Also say what if I didn't turn 18 until 2004, would it be suspicious/weird/questionable to have a member since date of when I was 8 or maybe since before I was even born?!?

Thanks guys Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dharalex
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Backdating Question

Of course Amex can verify, but I think they will let you will backdate to 1994 because you have the same member since date as the primary owner of the card. The age won't matter, you can be an AU as young as 15

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I have a member since date of 2004 (since that was when I turned 18)...what I want to know, is if someone adds me as an AU with a member since date of 1994...can I get mine backdated or not since I'm already a member?  I've read reports of people who don't have Amex cards to begin with added as AU to gain the date, THEN apply...but what if I already have card?  Also in 1994 I was only 8 years old...would I even be able to backdate it that far???

Message 3 of 4
dharalex
Established Contributor

I understood your question, and I thought you could get backdated further, but now that I think about it, I had a conversation with Amex about this, and the rep said once you become a member, your original date will never change. So maybe you will have to stay at 2004... You never know unless you ask Amex.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.