Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Backdating Question

tag
BluMoon
New Contributor

Amex Backdating Question

Just for clarification - I only have one Amex card.  If I got a second or a third or a fourth (which I don't intend to do), would they all have the same originating date on them, even if several years apart?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Backdating Question

@BluMoon wrote:

Just for clarification - I only have one Amex card.  If I got a second or a third or a fourth (which I don't intend to do), would they all have the same originating date on them, even if several years apart?

They will all have the same member since date.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

On your credit report it will show an open date of the month that you applied for the card and the year you became a member, so its definitely possible to have new accounts that are technically older than you first if it was opened in a later month.

Message 3 of 4
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

On your credit report it will show an open date of the month that you applied for the card and the year you became a member, so its definitely possible to have new accounts that are technically older than you first if it was opened in a later month.

For example:

I opened my first Amex in 08/2010.  Got another Amex in 01/2011... but it reports the Open Date as of "01/2010"

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.