New Contributor
BluMoon

Amex Backdating Question

Just for clarification - I only have one Amex card.  If I got a second or a third or a fourth (which I don't intend to do), would they all have the same originating date on them, even if several years apart?

Valued Contributor
JM-AM

Re: Amex Backdating Question

BluMoon wrote:

Just for clarification - I only have one Amex card.  If I got a second or a third or a fourth (which I don't intend to do), would they all have the same originating date on them, even if several years apart?

They will all have the same member since date.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
New Contributor
Insyder

On your credit report it will show an open date of the month that you applied for the card and the year you became a member, so its definitely possible to have new accounts that are technically older than you first if it was opened in a later month.

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: EQ 752 TU 753 EX 749 PSECU
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
JagerBombs89

Insyder wrote:

On your credit report it will show an open date of the month that you applied for the card and the year you became a member, so its definitely possible to have new accounts that are technically older than you first if it was opened in a later month.

For example:

I opened my first Amex in 08/2010.  Got another Amex in 01/2011... but it reports the Open Date as of "01/2010"

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}