Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Backdating Rules changed ?

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

Amex Backdating Rules changed ?

I see amex backdated only for EQ Report andUntitled.jpg

my EX and TU shows the real open date? Why?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
from500to700
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Backdating Rules changed ?

Sometimes EQ reports faster give it sometime

Started :
05/05/2013 EX :525,TU:542,EQ:535
09/30/2014 EX :655,TU:669,EQ:664
In Garden Since 03/16/2013
Will not Apply till 03/31/2015
Message 2 of 11
newUser0
Established Contributor

Oh Ok thanks.

Message 3 of 11
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Yep, when Amex backdates, it backdates on your account, period. The backdate is the backdate. The only question is how quickly the CRs get the message, and that's always a mystery.

Message 4 of 11
newUser0
Established Contributor

Till now I was under impression that, As soon as Amex reports my second card, CB will note the "backdated date"

But it looks like, There is a second report update needs to happen on my CB, during which the dates are properly backdated.

Message 5 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

That's wierd: my own backdated Amex reports the backdated open date, but no payment history for the 1 year's time on the backdate; as I have understood it from other posters, that is how it is supposed to report.

Think you got lucky on EQ my friend, the other two have it correct.

        
Message 6 of 11
newUser0
Established Contributor

But what is it showing for you in the blank boxes. Does it show No Data or Empty box?

Message 7 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@newUser0 wrote:

But what is it showing for you in the blank boxes. Does it show No Data or Empty box?

Depends on the report I look at, I haven't pulled my reports from annualcreditreport.com in a while since I was saving them for pre-mortgage, but I have a couple of third party reports saved off and it's just blank, then OK's from when there were statements generated and paid which follow the real open date; however, the account opened entry has the backdate listed.

        
Message 8 of 11
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

Depends on the report I look at, I haven't pulled my reports from annualcreditreport.com in a while since I was saving them for pre-mortgage, but I have a couple of third party reports saved off and it's just blank, then OK's from when there were statements generated and paid which follow the real open date; however, the account opened entry has the backdate listed.

+1.  They aren't going to just fill in payment history for dates you didn't even have the card.  Check the open date on your credit reports to verify backdating.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 9 of 11
newUser0
Established Contributor

Interesting. Even for me the Account Open Date has been backdated on all reports. But only EQ shows OK for statements.

I expected it to show, ND in that.. I just hope they taken care of this in AoA Calculation for all of us.

FYI - For free reports, out of the blue experian sent me a free code in mail, for all 3 CB FREE report

Not sure, if they have sent this to all of them. I do not had any account with them, except I registered for Target Free Monitoring service.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.