Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Backdating Score Increase!

tag
hot4u
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Backdating Score Increase!

Congrats on your second Card and AAOA Smiley Wink

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 11 of 15
ljohn27
Contributor

Wow! congrats - what an awesome bump in your score.

I was just approved for the PRG and Plat...had them backdate them to 2006 (my Corp card date). I received both so I'm interested in seeing how it impacts my AAoA. I had 3 new accounts opened in Feb (refi auto loan, new CU visa card and signature loan) then consolidated 14 student loans to one TL in March, which is showing as a new account as well. So with 4 new accounts in 2 months I'm hoping the 8 year back dates on these 2 new Amex cards will help sustain the blow. My scores are currently in the high 600's/low 700's. Struggling to get beyond the 760 threshold. My oldest account is 23 years old but my AAoA is only about 5 years.

ps. I opened the new accounts with my CU to reduce interest rates, pay off a tax lien that was deleted from my CR and while I was applying they offered me the visa card wth a $2k limit. Prior to that I only had one $1.5k credit line on a revolving Credit line account so I needed more revolving accounts to boost my score.

EX 678 | TU 689 | EQ 698 LENDER PULL 07/22/2014
EX 655 | TU 690 | EQ 678 MyFICO SCORES 07/09/2014
Message 12 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

That is an astonishing jump for just an AAoA change from .3 to 2.3 years... even if everything <2 years = 1 year and the 2 year mark is absolutely the most important AAoA boundary.  Which score was this in particular?  I did see a decent change in my AAoA even on Beacon 5.0 when it ticked over 2 years, but it's hard for me to tell as I had a 3 month old tax lien on the report dampening it, but I did find it amusing that my current Beacon 5 score is higher than my score from before the tax lien between a mix of AAoA change and my baby TL's turning one year old, and my last inquiry falling out of scoring range.

That said, many, many congrats!  

I don't have a fantastic backdate target ('12, so wish I'd found this forum earlier) but I'm sorta thinking if I'm still idling house-wise I might consider picking up a 3 year tradeline if the EDP card still makes sense for me at that point in January: may not but could be handy to get all the Zync MRE points converted too.

        
Message 13 of 15
shark268
Contributor

Thanks guys, I'll report back when the new amex reports with the old backdate. 

Some other info about this score: I was reporting less than 1% utilization on all my credit and it was only on one card, my BCE. 

4/2013 first credit ever. Eq Fico 749, discover TU fico 777

NFCU NavChek: 15k // NFCU CashRewards 14k // Sportsman's Guide Visa 9k // CSP 7.5k // CU LOC 7.5k // Amex BCE 6k (1987) // Total Rewards 5.5k // BarclayCard Ring 5k // Amex ED 4.5k (1987) // Commerce Bank 4k // Cap1 VentureOne 3k // JCrew Store: $6.45k // WF Visa 3k // Amazon Store 2.5k // Quicksilver MC $1.5k // Discover IT $1250 // Chase Freedom $1k // PenFed LOC $500
Message 14 of 15
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.