cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Backdating Success (Apr/May '15) :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Backdating Success (Apr/May '15) :)

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

when are you guys going to realize this isn't real? Smiley Surprised

When Amex CSR tells me the result... in the meantime the CSRs don't seem to know exactly - and claim it is the cutoff date, regardless of the answer, even if it is NO - I'd rather get it from AMEX directly.

When this was all going on in early April, I was assured by the uninformed rep that I would be backdated too. He had absolutely no idea what I was asking. All he did was re-send a new AMEX BCE card with "2000" on it for member since......it reported as a new card and was not backdated, I missed it by about 2 weeks. This thread is just beating a dead horse.

Message 81 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

When Amex CSR tells me the result... in the meantime the CSRs don't seem to know exactly - and claim it is the cutoff date, regardless of the answer, even if it is NO - I'd rather get it from AMEX directly.

It's been confirmed multiple times.  If you're looking to an Amex CSR for correct information, you're looking in the wrong place. There is NO backdating for any card that reported after 3/21. Period

Message 82 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

It's been confirmed multiple times.  If you're looking to an Amex CSR for correct information, you're looking in the wrong place. There is NO backdating for any card that reported after 3/21. Period

+1...

Message 83 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

IF the Amex back dating is in effect again or if it gets reinstated, would it be advantageous to ask to be backdated if your previous account had less than a stellar history?

Mine was from 2000 and I had a credit meltdown in 2008 and it was a CO.  I did work out a restitution with Amex on it,  but not at full amount.  I do believe they will allow me to get a card again, but dont understand if backdating with a 'stained history' would be good. 

I understand the AAoA principle and how that would help me, but would I be linking a bad history to a new card?

Thanks.

Backdating ain't coming back but to answer your question, previous negative history that old doesn't show up anywhere.

Message 84 of 87
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

In my experience, it applys to all accounts including ones opened before 3/21 since I cannot manage to get my BCP (2013 opening) to match my Hilton at 2007.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 85 of 87
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Amex CSRs don't know jack about "backdating", you guys are wasting your time. 

Message 86 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, If I would have had it earlier I wouldn't have "wasted my time" callig Amex at all. 

Would have been nice to get another 10 years... but it is what it is... 

Message 87 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.