cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Backdating - (Success story)

tag
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Backdating - Authorized User(Success story)

@H14 wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@H14 wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to get to live chat on the AMEX site? There does not seem to be a button/link anywhere to it. 

I was succefully backdated when I activated the card, no intervention needed, but was hoping they could now replace the card to reflect that. 

Log in to your account. And click on contact us to the left of the screen. You should get a pop up, and there should be a tab that says "Online." The option to chat should be on there. 

http://i.imgur.com/CYTgpxl.png

Doesn't appear to be such an option, only the option to share screen. 

Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 3.22.05 PM.png

Message 21 of 48
kr3st00
Regular Contributor

I'm pretty sure after 6PM EST, it locks out.

Same thing happened yesterday. I couldn't chat with them after 6pm. Woke up in the morning, tried at 8am and it was live.
Message 22 of 48
rvhome

Just succeeded in chat in getting my MSD backdated to my first AMEX account, which was in 1990.  Calls to customer service to no avail.  Let me make sure I understand. If I put my nephew on as an AU, it gets reported as 2014, but if he asks for his card to reflect the 1990 date, if he later gets an AMEX, his original member date is 1990 as well?  Not 2014? 

Message 23 of 48
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@kr3st00 wrote:
I'm pretty sure after 6PM EST, it locks out.

Same thing happened yesterday. I couldn't chat with them after 6pm. Woke up in the morning, tried at 8am and it was live.

I chatted with them at 23:00 last night without a problem. 

Message 24 of 48
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

@rvhome wrote:

Just succeeded in chat in getting my MSD backdated to my first AMEX account, which was in 1990.  Calls to customer service to no avail.  Let me make sure I understand. If I put my nephew on as an AU, it gets reported as 2014, but if he asks for his card to reflect the 1990 date, if he later gets an AMEX, his original member date is 1990 as well?  Not 2014? 

His MSD date would be the year he first gained membership either as an AU or primary. 

So in your case, his MSD would be 2014 for all cards from here on out. 

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 25 of 48
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@rvhome wrote:

No, I believe it is when he was first added as an ACM. Therefore, if you add him today, he can get all of his cards backdated to 2014 in the future. You held the card in 1990, but he did not. 

However, from what it seems like, they are backdating people without verification. One user was backdated to 2002, and that would make him/her 6 years of age. This goes against the T&C of Amex as it states that ACM must be 15 years of age or older. Therefore, you can definitely give it shot.

Message 26 of 48
kr3st00
Regular Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@rvhome wrote:

No, I believe it is when he was first added as an ACM. Therefore, if you add him today, he can get all of his cards backdated to 2014 in the future. You held the card in 1990, but he did not. 

However, from what it seems like, a lot of younger kids on here are stating that they were backdated to 2007 and 2002. However, that would make them 11, and 6 years of age respectively. This goes against the T&C of Amex as it states that ACM must be 15 years of age or older. Therefore, you can definitely give it shot.

I corrected my wording for my 2007 back dating. 

Message 27 of 48
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@kr3st00 wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@rvhome wrote:

However, from what it seems like, a lot of younger kids on here are stating that they were backdated to 2007 and 2002. However, that would make them 11, and 6 years of age respectively. This goes against the T&C of Amex as it states that ACM must be 15 years of age or older. Therefore, you can definitely give it shot.

I corrected my wording for my 2007 back dating. 

Corrected my wording as well!

Message 28 of 48
rvhome

On the phone, they could not find the records showing I was a member in 1990, despite an hour and multiple levels of people.  It is on my credit report, and not as an AU.  Online there was a pause for verification. So for me at least, it appears that it was verified, and if someone gives me a hard time, its on the credit report. 

Message 29 of 48
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@rvhome wrote:

On the phone, they could not find the records showing I was a member in 1990, despite an hour and multiple levels of people.  It is on my credit report, and not as an AU.  Online there was a pause for verification. So for me at least, it appears that it was verified, and if someone gives me a hard time, its on the credit report. 

You'll be fine! As long as it is on your credit report, then you can definitely stand your ground. I am sure that it will be taken care of! Enjoy that massive increase in your AAOA Smiley Wink 

Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.