tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex Backdating Success

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:
^^
*on my iphone, no quote button Smiley Wink*

As mentioned on a previous post, the T&C's of Amex have changed throughout the years. Currently, you must be 15 years of age or older to be an ACM. But previously, that was not the case.

On top of that, MSD for AU were, at one time, tied to the MSD of the original cardholder.   So even if someone was added as a 14 year old to an account that existed years before that, the MSD at that time would have reflected that earlier date.  

Exactly.  My DH MSD was based on my MSD. He inherited my '85 date when he was added around 89-90

Jeez, I feel old. 

Message 101 of 112
MrFlower
New Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:
^^
*on my iphone, no quote button Smiley Wink*

As mentioned on a previous post, the T&C's of Amex have changed throughout the years. Currently, you must be 15 years of age or older to be an ACM. But previously, that was not the case.

On top of that, MSD for AU were, at one time, tied to the MSD of the original cardholder.   So even if someone was added as a 14 year old to an account that existed years before that, the MSD at that time would have reflected that earlier date.  

Exactly.  My DH MSD was based on my MSD. He inherited my '85 date when he was added around 89-90

Jeez, I feel old. 

As someone who turns 23 this year and is a member since 1982. I feel pretty good.

oooh AMX how I love you.

Message 102 of 112
Schumy

a different backdating question. assuming i can backdate to the early 2000s as an authorized user on my father's platinum card, do i need to only have a platinum card in my name or can i apply for a credit card, say the blue cash everyday? it seems the backdating is most sucessful with an online chat, however, i want to make sure i can apply as an account holder for a different product and still possibly get backdated (ie., AU on a charge card and primary on a credit card).

you guys have a ton of knowledge and i appreciate the help.

Message 103 of 112
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@Schumy wrote:

a different backdating question. assuming i can backdate to the early 2000s as an authorized user on my father's platinum card, do i need to only have a platinum card in my name or can i apply for a credit card, say the blue cash everyday? it seems the backdating is most sucessful with an online chat, however, i want to make sure i can apply as an account holder for a different product and still possibly get backdated (ie., AU on a charge card and primary on a credit card).

Yes, it will work for any Centurion backed card. It doesn't have the be the same product. 

Message 104 of 112
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

@Schumy wrote:

Were you an AU in the early 2000s? They don't backdate AU accounts, your MSD will be when you were added, example today will reflect MSD 2015 last month would have been 2014.

If your MSD is say 2000 and you were added as an AU today, the account will show opened today on your CR as they don't backdate AU accounts on the CR only the primary members CR will be backdated.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 105 of 112
Schumy

yes, it was me who was the authorized user in 2002. so, i have two different answers. if i am correct, i think any new account i open as a primary will not backdate to my authorized user date of 2002, correct?

thanks again.

Message 106 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

Darn phone! I meant incorrect. They will backdate it to 2002 if thats when you were first added as AU Smiley Happy

Message 107 of 112
Schumy

ok, so it will backdate. assuming i find a good agent online. and 2002 will be my forever date with amex assuming i can backdate to 2002 when i was first named an autorized user. is this correct?

Message 108 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct. Not really about the agent its pretty simple. Open a chat, let the person know you were a previous card holder in 2002 and would like your MSD corrected. They take it from there
Message 109 of 112
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Correct.

As a side note, not everyone will need to contact a CSR to backdate the MSD. A lot will load with the correct MSD. It just depends on if your records got buried/lost through the years. So you may be pleasantly surprised when the time comes.

Good luck!
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 110 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.