Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Backdating Success

tag
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Backdating Success

I just wanted to update that I got emails last night saying that my original card and my updated card have shipped. I logged into my account this morning and it now shows a MSD of 2003!
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 91 of 112
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

@hizzaah wrote:
I just wanted to update that I got emails last night saying that my original card and my updated card have shipped. I logged into my account this morning and it now shows a MSD of 2003!

Congrats!

In my wallet: Cap1 Venture ($58k), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex HH ($4K), Barclays Ring MC ($10K), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22K), Chase SWA Visa Preferred ($7.5K), Chase United Mileage Explorer VS ($20k), Chase Marriott Rewards VS ($12K), BOA BBR MC ($41K), BOA Visa Sig Cash Rewards ($30K), Chase Ritz VS (9K), NFCU Flagship Visa ($55K), Discover It ($6K), Citi AA ($20K). Everything else in SD.

FICO goal: 800+ (as of 3-6-15: EQ FICO 774,,TU FICO 808, EX FICO 775)
Message 92 of 112
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@hizzaah wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@hizzaah wrote:

It has 2003 as the date open, reported since date of 2009...

Edit: can't seem to figure out how to quote people on this forum... 

Welcome to the forum.  I notice that you might not know how to respond to posts by using our quote feature. 

1.  Click "reply" on the post you want to respond to.

2. To the right of the toolbar  -- and above the message post window -- you will see the quote button.  It should look like this:

3.  Tap the quote bubble to insert the text of the post you are responding to and the block of text will appear in the message post window.

4.  Type your response below the quoted block of text and then click preview if you'd like to proof the post before submitting, or click "Post" at the bottom of the message post window.

Thank you, this was helpful. I was able to figure it out once I got off of my mobile.

I logged into my Amex account today and my MSD is now 2007. I turned 15 that year so I'd say it's a pretty good start and should help my AAoA nicely. I'm not sure where they got that date, but I'll take it over 2014 any day! I'm glad I stumbled acorss this thread! Unfortunately, I tried both yesterday and today to get my new card expedited and they said they couldn't do it (even though it hasn't shipped yet). They also said they couldn't expedited the upcoming card with the corrected MSD either. Oh well...

Mind if I ask how you got yours backdated to when you were 15? American Express requires authorized users to be at least 16 years old and you couldn't of received your own card at 15. not to say you're not but let's make sure we are all being truthful and not gaming the system, otherwise perks like backdating May go away for everybody. 

Message 93 of 112
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

^^
*on my iphone, no quote button Smiley Wink*

As mentioned on a previous post, the T&C's of Amex have changed throughout the years. Currently, you must be 15 years of age or older to be an ACM. But previously, that was not the case.
Message 94 of 112
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@hizzaah wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@hizzaah wrote:

It has 2003 as the date open, reported since date of 2009...

Edit: can't seem to figure out how to quote people on this forum... 

Welcome to the forum.  I notice that you might not know how to respond to posts by using our quote feature. 

1.  Click "reply" on the post you want to respond to.

2. To the right of the toolbar  -- and above the message post window -- you will see the quote button.  It should look like this:

3.  Tap the quote bubble to insert the text of the post you are responding to and the block of text will appear in the message post window.

4.  Type your response below the quoted block of text and then click preview if you'd like to proof the post before submitting, or click "Post" at the bottom of the message post window.

Thank you, this was helpful. I was able to figure it out once I got off of my mobile.

I logged into my Amex account today and my MSD is now 2007. I turned 15 that year so I'd say it's a pretty good start and should help my AAoA nicely. I'm not sure where they got that date, but I'll take it over 2014 any day! I'm glad I stumbled acorss this thread! Unfortunately, I tried both yesterday and today to get my new card expedited and they said they couldn't do it (even though it hasn't shipped yet). They also said they couldn't expedited the upcoming card with the corrected MSD either. Oh well...

Mind if I ask how you got yours backdated to when you were 15? American Express requires authorized users to be at least 16 years old and you couldn't of received your own card at 15. not to say you're not but let's make sure we are all being truthful and not gaming the system, otherwise perks like backdating May go away for everybody. 

There is no way to game the system. I don't know why people are thinking this.  Amex checks to see if you had a card with them before backdating. They may or may not backdate to the most accurate year, but they do have to confirm you were a member before. 

Message 95 of 112
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Thats not always true. A guy at another forum said he lied out his teeth & got his bakdated to 1989. He told them he was an AU on his parents accout, He said he lived in Europe didnt move to the usa untill 2011.He posyed his parents never had an Amex card. So I think its who you get, some check some dont! Im not saying what he did was right, Im just posting what he said he did.

Message 96 of 112
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

I was added in 2009, the card was opened in 2003. Some people said they might change my date to 2009 or 2003, depending on the policy they had in 2009. So when the lady asked what year I said that I got my AU in 2009 but that the account was opened in 2003.

She said she could see I had a card and that they would investigate and let me know what year the team determined. When I logged into my account the next day it said 2007 which I though was weird but I just went with it. I figured 15 was the cutoff so they gave me that year.

I logged in after I saw the email about shipping my replacement card and it said Member Since 2003. I was 11 that year. At this point I'm not going to go out of my way to point that out to them. I didnt lie about anything, that's just the date they gave me. That was the year the card (my mom's card) was opened so perhaps that was their Backdating policy in 2009.
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 97 of 112
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

As previously stated, Amex has changed their backdating policy several times.   It goes without saying that this is an Internet forum and there is no way to verify anyone's claims.  At the end of the day, we can either accept statements made here as truthful or not.

As to Amex and gaming the system, I like to believe that Amex does their due diligence when verifying MSDs. It's unfortunate if others have found away around an unique perk that I, for one would like to see continue.  It may be those round away tactics that have led to Amex constantly changing their policy.  

Message 98 of 112
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

As previously stated, Amex has changed their backdating policy several times.   It goes without saying that this is an Internet forum and there is no way to verify anyone's claims.  At the end of the day, we can either accept statements made here as truthful or not.

As to Amex and gaming the system, I like to believe that Amex does their due diligence when verifying MSDs. It's unfortunate if others have found away around an unique perk that I, for one would like to see continue.  It may be those round away tactics that have led to Amex constantly changing their policy.  

+1

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 99 of 112
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@heyarrnold wrote:
^^
*on my iphone, no quote button Smiley Wink*

As mentioned on a previous post, the T&C's of Amex have changed throughout the years. Currently, you must be 15 years of age or older to be an ACM. But previously, that was not the case.

On top of that, MSD for AU were, at one time, tied to the MSD of the original cardholder.   So even if someone was added as a 14 year old to an account that existed years before that, the MSD at that time would have reflected that earlier date.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 100 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.