kr3st00
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Backdating Success

@john398 wrote:

@kr3st00 wrote:

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

@McMarshall wrote:

Sharing my experience 

I received my platinum card in the mail today. I jumped on chat and ask the representative to correct my MSD to 2006. He put in the request and it was successful. He also confirmed that they'll be sending me 2 new cards (Platinum, EveryDay) to reflect the update. 

Success, here as well!

Just finished a chat session in which he was able to update both my Green and JetBlue Amex to my original MSD of 2003. 

Although, when I log in online it still shows 2013.  Does anyone know if this gets updated at some point?

Two new cards confirmed to be arriving shortly.

Now, the BIG question is will my CR reflect this change? 

Mine shows 2013 as well as I successfully backdated my card this morning as well! 

How does this reflect on the 3xCLI date? Should it stay the same? Should it change since I have another card on the way with the corrected MSD? 

will be the same on the 61 days and the 181 days, you have to wait 61 days from that speficific card

Thank you again, John! I feel we need to be able to give you a thumbs up or something! 

Message 21 of 112
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

Is it safe to assume, that it takes a couple days for the online MSD to reflect the change?

Also, does anyone know if the "opened date" on my existing cards will show the adjusted year by the next statement cycle update for my CR?

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 22 of 112
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

Is it safe to assume, that it takes a couple days for the online MSD to reflect the change?

Also, does anyone know if the "opened date" on my existing cards will show the adjusted year by the next statement cycle update for my CR?

I requested mine last night.  This morning the corrected MSD showed on two of my cards.  The third one was incorrect.  So I requested again.  Let's wait and see when it will reflect online.

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 23 of 112
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

I requested mine last night.  This morning the corrected MSD showed on two of my cards.  The third one was incorrect.  So I requested again.  Let's wait and see when it will reflect online.

Talk about ironic!

I litteraly just hit the post button on here, and I then get 2 emails from AMEX saying my card replacement has been confirmed.

Just logged into my online account and the new MSD is now updated!

So basically, it take a few hours for the system to update the request.

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |

Message 24 of 112
kr3st00
Regular Contributor

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

Talk about ironic!

I litteraly just hit the post button on here, and I then get 2 emails from AMEX saying my card replacement has been confirmed.

I didn't get any emails from AMEX yet. It's only been about an hour now, so hopefully I have one shortly. 

Message 25 of 112
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@kr3st00 wrote:

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

Talk about ironic!

I didn't get any emails from AMEX yet. It's only been about an hour now, so hopefully I have one shortly. 

I received two emails within minutes of making the second request for correction.   I can't tell if these emails were from the request made last night or the one this morning.  And if so, why only emails for only two accounts when three card corrections were requested?

I'm getting the feeling that maybe they can  process only two cards at a time?   If I receive two more emails later today then we'll know for certain that the emails take a few hours to generate.  

Message 26 of 112
kr3st00
Regular Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

@kr3st00 wrote:

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

Talk about ironic!

I received two emails within minutes of making the second request for correction.   I can't tell if these emails were from the request made last night or the one this morning.  And if so, why only emails for only two accounts when three card corrections were requested?

I'm getting the feeling that maybe they can  process only two cards at a time?   If I receive two more emails later today then we'll know for certain that the emails take a few hours to generate. 

Please keep me posted! I'm now worried that I haven't received an email yet. Hmm..

Message 27 of 112
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

@kr3st00 wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

@kr3st00 wrote:

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

Talk about ironic!

Please keep me posted! I'm now worried that I haven't received an email yet. Hmm..

I wouldn't worry yet.

Mine took about 5 hours, but I have seen other posts where they didn't notice the change until the next day when they logged in online.

Message 28 of 112
kr3st00
Regular Contributor

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

@kr3st00 wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

@kr3st00 wrote:

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

Talk about ironic!

I wouldn't worry yet.

Mine took about 5 hours, but I have seen other posts where they didn't notice the change until the next day when they logged in online.

That makes me feel a little better! 

Message 29 of 112
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

@kr3st00 wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

@kr3st00 wrote:

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

Talk about ironic!

I wouldn't worry yet.

Another data point is that the emails I received were for corrections for my BCP and BC cards.  I never received confirmation for my PRG, and yet the PRG already shows the corrected MSD online.

It is possible that the PRG was expedited so it was processed faster than the BC and BCP cards.  So fast that it never made through the email system.  I make this statement on the basis that the PRG was shipped overnight when I apped for it while the other cards took several days to arrive.  

Message 30 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.