Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Backdating question

tag
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

Amex Backdating question

Can someone please explain if I understand the whole point of Amex backdating correctly - I had Amex Business card (from the company) back in 2011, but it is not reported on any of my personal reports.

In August 2012 I applied for BCE and got approved with $2k. Then I got 3xCLI 2 months later, so now my CL is $6k. 

If I look at my EX report entry (picture inserted below), I see that "Date opened" for this card is stated as 08/2011 instead of 08/2012 (when it was actually opened). 

Is this the whole idea of Amex backdating or do I miss something here? (maybe, because I had Business card in 2011, not the personal one). (highlighted area at the top left hand side)

What I don't understand is why this is taken into account at all, if by the payment history it is clearly visible (e.g. during the manual review or CR) that the card is actually opened in 2012, but not in 2011? It is also visible by the credit limit history (highlighted area at the bottom). Does it actually play a role anywhere (except for maybe score calculation)?

Thanks

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Backdating question

Yes this is correct, your Date Open is when you actually became a member with AMEX and the Dated Reported is correct because thats the date you were approved for the CC. As a manual review of your CR a lender will look at it your payment history or Reported Since. AAOA if factored from Dated Opened and most most cases Opened and Sinced are the same date. I hope I said it correctly Smiley Indifferent

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.