Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Backdating ??

tag
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Amex Backdating ??

Here is my story.

WIfe applied for Amex BCP JULY 2012 and added me as AU so my card says member since 2012.

One month later I applied for SKY and after logging in mine says member since 1999 (BK in 2004 with AMEX green) I called and they send me new card says 1999 and my Experian says open date 7/1999 for mine and 6/2012 for my AU card.

MY question is should I call Amex and  have them make my AU card 1999 ? Does it matter ?

I still have BK on my CR till Sept. 2014

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Backdating ??

Personally, I would not bother.  I don't know exactly how the backdating works (other than I can get my personal account backdated to my corp account) but it seems like your cards reflect what is accurate.. YOUR account is backdated to YOUR original date.. HER account is dated for HER original date. 

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 2 of 10
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Let sleeping dogs lie you were very lucky to get the backdate due to the bankruptcy.Smiley Surprised

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 3 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Skip it, not worth poking the bear on as annielorie correctly suggests.

Unless that BCP is an high limit compared to your aggregate credit limit, the AU is probably hurting more than helping you and I'd get rid of it personally.

Edit: I'm just speaking strictly from a FICO perspective, there's other good reasons to be on there as an AU which I'm admitedly utterly ignoring Smiley Happy.

        
Message 4 of 10
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Message 5 of 10
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

The new Amex BCP started with 10k Limit and it's our primary card for just about anything. 

The reason i'm AU on the card not for FICO scoring just for spending and earning rewards. We do a lot of grocery shopping.

I think i'll just leave it alone for now.

Message 6 of 10
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

I wondering.....u were approved for amex with bk reporting .........I'm waiting ....I am at the 7.5 mark in December....

Message 7 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@DeadSpider wrote:

The new Amex BCP started with 10k Limit and it's our primary card for just about anything. 

The reason i'm AU on the card not for FICO scoring just for spending and earning rewards. We do a lot of grocery shopping.

I think i'll just leave it alone for now.

Yeah, that's the primary legit reason I was ignoring hah.  Good call.

        
Message 8 of 10
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Did u get approved for the sky?????

Message 9 of 10
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Wife got Amex and after getting the card I created online account added myself and got a card.

One month later maybe little more I applied for SKY card with BK still reporting got approved for $2000, and after creating online account showed MEMBER SINCE 1999.

So I gave Amex call and after the rep answered ( thank you for being a member for long time ) I told her my card has the wrong date and was transferred to somebody else issued new card and got it in about 10 days.

I'm not sure being on AU helped ? My 61 days is approaching. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.