Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Backdating

tag
diesel2013
Contributor

Amex Backdating

So I have never had amex. But thinking of applying. Question is I have been a Au on a BCE since 2012. If i get appoved for a amex card will they backdate based on AU?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
H4LO
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Backdating

@diesel2013 wrote:

So I have never had amex. But thinking of applying. Question is I have been a Au on a BCE since 2012. If i get appoved for a amex card will they backdate based on AU?

Yes.

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 2 of 9
diesel2013
Contributor

Cool thanks! So i am just assuming I would explain to the amex rep that I am a AU and they would change the date?

Message 3 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@H4LO wrote:

@diesel2013 wrote:

Yes.

+1, your MSD will be either as an AU or your own depending on which occured first.

Message 4 of 9
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@diesel2013 wrote:

Cool thanks! So i am just assuming I would explain to the amex rep that I am a AU and they would change the date?

Call this # 1-800-492-3344 and tell them your member date is wrong

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 5 of 9
ladyMJ
Regular Contributor

While we're on the subject, if you were an AU in 2011 just for a few months, will amex still honor the MSD if you apply for your own in 2013?

*edited for typo

2/26/15: TU Fico (BarclayCard)- 721
2/18/15: EQ (CK)- 668
2/26/15: EX (EX.com)- 706

Message 6 of 9
H4LO
Established Contributor

@ladyMJ wrote:

While we're on the subject, if you were an AU in 2011 just for a few months, will amex still honor the MSD if you apply for your own in 2013?

*edited for typo

Call them. That's the only way you'll know. 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 7 of 9
sjt
Senior Contributor

@H4LO wrote:

@diesel2013 wrote:

Yes.

I read on these boards that you can get your MSD change to the date you received your AU card but it will not change the opening date of your own card.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 8 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@sjt wrote:

@H4LO wrote:

@diesel2013 wrote:

Yes.

I read on these boards that you can get your MSD change to the date you received your AU card but it will not change the opening date of your own card.

This is correct.

Once you lock in your MSD (Member Since Date) the year of subsequent cc's will reflect your MSD.  Additional cc's*, will reflect the month of THAT card and the year of your MSD.  

If you are a primary cardholder, your CR's will be backdated as well.  Amex recently changed their policy to exclude the CR backdating for ACMs - when you become a primary, your CR's would be backdated for YOUR new cc. 

*personal cards - business cards it's a YMMV 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.