Amex Backdating?????

tag
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Backdating?????

@09Lexie wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Just a reminder, do not use the phrase 'backdate'. 

Pardon my ignorance, but what's wrong with that?

You should be asking for them to correct your MSD. Using terms like backdate will usually give you a response  like 'no we cannot do that'.  

I see what you are saying....I thought you were saying to refrain from using that phrase for this forum. LOL....Sorry.

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Current FICO Scores: 783 (EX) | 766 (EQ) | 764 (TU)
Message 11 of 16
awal
Regular Contributor

@peaceonearth wrote:

@ljohn27 wrote:

I just received 2 Amex personal charge cards today. When I applied I asked if I could backdate my cards to my original membership date of my corporate card. They told me to call customer service when I receive them.

I cld customer service today and was advised they would put a request in and send me new cards with my membership date of 2006. I asked if it would be reflected on my credit report - she said it would be reflected on my cards but not my credit report.  The AMEX Rep is wrong!. Once they correct the MSD on the cards and the website, the date will show on the reports as well. I'm skeptical of her response. What would be the purpose of backdating if it's not reported. Who cares what the date is on the card.

I let it go and added both card to my existing corporate card online account in hopes that it would seal the deal!

Has anyone had this experience, if so, what happened. Wondering what I can REALLY expect.

I have two Amex Cards - according to the website my MSD date is 1997. That is not the date one of my cards reports to the credit bureaus. One card reports as 1997, the other posts as 2012. What is the best way for me to resolve this?

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 12 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@awal wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@ljohn27 wrote:

I just received 2 Amex personal charge cards today. When I applied I asked if I could backdate my cards to my original membership date of my corporate card. They told me to call customer service when I receive them.

I cld customer service today and was advised they would put a request in and send me new cards with my membership date of 2006. I asked if it would be reflected on my credit report - she said it would be reflected on my cards but not my credit report.  The AMEX Rep is wrong!. Once they correct the MSD on the cards and the website, the date will show on the reports as well. I'm skeptical of her response. What would be the purpose of backdating if it's not reported. Who cares what the date is on the card.

I let it go and added both card to my existing corporate card online account in hopes that it would seal the deal!

Has anyone had this experience, if so, what happened. Wondering what I can REALLY expect.

I have two Amex Cards - according to the website my MSD date is 1997. That is not the date one of my cards reports to the credit bureaus. One card reports as 1997, the other posts as 2012. What is the best way for me to resolve this?

@awal wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@ljohn27 wrote:

Are you the primary on both cards? If so you would need to contact their Credit Reporting Dept (number is in the BDN sticky) have a copy of your crs that are showing the incorrect information and the account numbers from those reports. these numbers will not be your actual account numbers on your card. 

Message 13 of 16
awal
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@awal wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@ljohn27 wrote:

Are you the primary on both cards? If so you would need to contact their Credit Reporting Dept (number is in the BDN sticky) have a copy of your crs that are showing the incorrect information and the account numbers from those reports. these numbers will not be your actual account numbers on your card. 

Yes I am the primary on both cards.... After I posted here I had a online chat with a Amex. The rep seemed to know exactly what I wanted and made a note on my account for the Credit Reporting Unit to send my member since date to the CRA. I called the Credit Reporting unit and had a conversation with a deep accented rep. Initially he had no idea what the issue was, but once he read the note I think he understood what I was asking for.  After a moment on hold he stated that he had referred this to his supervisor and I should call back in 10 days. I'm not sure how this will turn out, but I'll post back on here once something happens. Is it normal for the update to take that long or was this the reps way of getting me to bug off?

I'm hopefull this finally gets updated.

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 14 of 16
john398
Senior Contributor

@awal wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@awal wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@ljohn27 wrote:

Yes I am the primary on both cards.... After I posted here I had a online chat with a Amex. The rep seemed to know exactly what I wanted and made a note on my account for the Credit Reporting Unit to send my member since date to the CRA. I called the Credit Reporting unit and had a conversation with a deep accented rep. Initially he had no idea what the issue was, but once he read the note I think he understood what I was asking for.  After a moment on hold he stated that he had referred this to his supervisor and I should call back in 10 days. I'm not sure how this will turn out, but I'll post back on here once something happens. Is it normal for the update to take that long or was this the reps way of getting me to bug off?

just curious what is the msd on both your cards? are they the same or different? (on the actually card that is)

Message 15 of 16
awal
Regular Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@awal wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@awal wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@ljohn27 wrote:

just curious what is the msd on both your cards? are they the same or different? (on the actually card that is)

The dates on my cards

Zync

Member Since on Card: 1997

Member Since Online: 1997

Opened: 06/25/2012

Reporting to CRA: 2012

BCE

Member Since on Card: 1997

Member Since online: 1997

Opened: 03/20/2013

Reporting to CRA: 1997

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.