cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Backdating

tag
HarmonicDreamer

Amex Backdating

So I've been creeping through these forum halls for a little while now & have gained some very insightful knowledge on credit & finances in general. 2 months ago I made the initiative to clean up & establish healthy credit. So far I've done overwhelmingly good over the last few months alone, establishing my 1st credit card thru NFCU becoming an AU on a Capitol One platinum & raising my scores from 542(EX) 560(EQ) to 605(EX) 612(EQ) 612(TU). Credit high indeed. WIth that established I have plans to go for an Amex once my scores cross the 700 mark. A few years back in 2005 during my 3rd  year of high school I started working for my grandparents business & was listed as an AU on 2 of their Amex business cards, 3 years later their business folded & Amex was sent to collection. I'm not too familiar with Amex policies but would I be blacklisted or ineligible for backdating because of this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Backdating

@HarmonicDreamer wrote:

So I've been creeping through these forum halls for a little while now & have gained some very insightful knowledge on credit & finances in general. 2 months ago I made the initiative to clean up & establish healthy credit. So far I've done overwhelmingly good over the last few months alone, establishing my 1st credit card thru NFCU becoming an AU on a Capitol One platinum & raising my scores from 542(EX) 560(EQ) to 605(EX) 612(EQ) 612(TU). Credit high indeed. WIth that established I have plans to go for an Amex once my scores cross the 700 mark. A few years back in 2005 during my 3rd  year of high school I started working for my grandparents business & was listed as an AU on 2 of their Amex business cards, 3 years later their business folded & Amex was sent to collection. I'm not too familiar with Amex policies but would I be blacklisted or ineligible for backdating because of this?

1. No you will not be blacklisted

2. No it will not backdate for you unless you get a business card (which dont report to your personal CR anyways). MSDs are seperate between personal and business. 

Message 2 of 3
HarmonicDreamer

Re: Amex Backdating

Whew, bummer at the no backdating. Thanks for the quick reply.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.