Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Backdating

tag
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Backdating

neither did I...i've learned a bunch...persistence and patience pays off :smileyhappy

@rtw wrote:

No problem creditballer. It's only because of folks on this board that I even attempted to test the Amex waters. I didn't know anythin about backdating.

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 31 of 38
creditballer
Regular Contributor

keep us posted...i hope u get that back date~ 

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

I will be checking on this very soon.

I applied on 12-24, but finally got approved on 1-4-2013.  Card is being mailed.

Orginal CSR saw I was a memeber back in the late 80's. 

My charge off was not paid from 94/95.  It appears at least for the moment I have not been blacklisted.

I will let you know when I log in after I get the card and see what my "member since date is".

Crossing all fingers and toes.

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 32 of 38
deelove

I had a charge off on my platinum around 2006. At the time the rep literally told me that I would never be an Amex member again. It took 6 years, but was approved for a Delta Gold in Dec,12' and Gold Premeir Rewards Jan,13'. I received my first green card in 1997. I called to have my cards backdated... The rep said he couldn't locate the records, sorry. I dug and found some old receipts and decided to try again, this time with proof, It was 1:30am so I was going to call in the morning, but decided totry since I was awake. This rep found the records with my ss# and back dated both cards to 1997. She put me on hold for a few minutes, but it was simple and no problems. My experience with any customer service is that it depends on who you get. I am very pleased with Amex customer service, I am happy to be back with the. Anyone out there who may have been on the Amex black list, don't worry, time heals all wounds, as long as you keep clean.

Message 33 of 38
McArthur
Regular Contributor

My brother had been on the AmEx blacklist for over 20 years.  Last September he was still a confirmed blaclistee, but applied for the BCP last month and approved with a great limit.  His card arrived dated back to 76.  

He says when he calls customer service they are so nice and can see his old accounts.  I seriously doubt, though, they can see they were derogatory.  Either that or they are on drugs.

Something is going on at AmEx.

Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

To the amex backdating pros:

im fairly confident this has been answered.... But like all of us, we may feel our cases are different. 

I opened a SPG card in 2008 and closed it about a year later. I was in college and started to get into trouble with it, so I paid off my 1k balance and closed it. 

I now have the amex platinum.. which I got in the mail today. It's stating I'm a member since 2013 and my account online also says 2013. 

do I also have a chance to get backdated credit for 2008???!  Thanks y'all 

Message 35 of 38
rtw
Established Contributor

bcwtpg22, I would definitely call. It's worth to get those additional years and at least for me it was quite painless.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks rtw.  I'll let you know what happens!

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it done. Backdated to 2008. Really excited about It. Thanks again for your help rtw. 

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.