Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Balance Slow to Update on Credit Bureaus

tag
Chris87
Established Member

Amex Balance Slow to Update on Credit Bureaus

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue. I recently paid off my Amex balance and also received a CLI. My statement closes on the 1st or 2nd of every month. I've noticed that the balance is updated on Experian usually within 2 days. TransUnion and Equifax tend to take a bit longer (3-5 days). For whatever reason, my balance has not updated for the month of June on any of the bureaus. I've never had it take this long. Does it have anything to do with the CLI? I remember that Discover had some strange quirk, where if you received a CLI, the reporting skipped a cycle. Apparently, that no longer happens. Is there any way to get this to update?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Balance Slow to Update on Credit Bureaus

I also paid off my Amex (BCP) and haven't seen it report to any CRA. My due date was 5/28 and closing was a 6/3. No CLI for me. Don't know what's going on Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

It's typical for TU to be slow.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=TU+slow+site%3A...

Nothing you can do other than contact the creditor to ensure that they're updated the CRA.

Message 3 of 14
Chris87
Established Member

I do know that, but I've never seen my Amex take this long to update. It's usually reports like clockwork.

Message 4 of 14
Chris87
Established Member

I thought that I should post a quick update. My account still has not reported as paid to any of the three bureaus. The statement closed on June 2nd. It's really strange, because my Amex always updates very quickly (first on Experian, then Equifax and TransUnion a few days later). I'm not sure the reason for the delay. I paid off the balance and received a CLI, so maybe that affected something?

Message 5 of 14
Aarvard
Established Contributor

I notice that Amex is particularly slow this month. My statements close on Jun 9 and haven't been updated yet.
03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 6 of 14
mskarma
New Contributor

I am having the same problem. My Amex usually reports the same day every month. It's been two weeks past that date and it still hasn't updated.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I pay just before the due date, it seems to report accurately.  Otherwise, they can awhile.  I didn't use it the month prior and they didn't report.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

ditto was discussed here recently

Message 9 of 14
EW800
Valued Contributor

I have two Amex accounts.  My Optima account has not updated in just a tad over three months.  My ED account has been about six weeks or so.  The statement cut for that account almost two weeks ago, but still has not updated to any of the three CRA's.  Very rare for them, as far as I know.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.